Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stephen burton

Ro water
« on: December 10, 2017, 11:27:39 am »
Hi all, a few weeks ago I made a post about having an issue with getting a big tank into my garden to store my water then transfer to my van, I do have an outside tap at the front so could connect my ro and fill straight into the van, does anybody else do this, I have been put off by the ro unit getting to cold in the winter and cracking would be interesting to see if anyone else uses this method and how they go about it.

paul alan

Re: Ro water
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 12:36:49 pm »
I have an ro in the garden with 1000ltr ibc ,fill the ibc then transfer.

I could though put the ro in the van and run a tap feed in to it, if you mount the ro on something like a small board or in a small box you could take it in and out as and when.

My ro is in a small cabinet along with booster pump in the garden, last two years I just left on the wall with no protection whatsoever and it never broke(not recommending this). I f you keep it running the water does not get chance to freeze.
I do have a small tubular heater with a stat on it that I may pop in the cabinet tonight as forecast -5 here tonight and the van and ibc are both full so I cant leave running.

Cant see me working tomorrow either! bleeding whiteout here and I'm more or less on the beach .

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 12:51:41 pm »
Ive deleted the video from my youtube channel, but when I very first started with wfp, I did a little (not great) video for my customers.  So its on my facebook page   facebook.com/1NKServices    and look at videos, I think its the very first one on there.
I mounted mine above my tank, onto the bulkhead andin winter I threw a thick sleeping bag over it and back then I used a thermostatic electric radiator and never had a problem
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Don Kee

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 01:32:35 pm »
Put an oil filled radiator in over night
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

Shrek

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 02:59:51 pm »
-5 here tonight so Iv completely emptied the van , I bought an oil filled radiator but now I just bring my pole and hose in the house at night . Guaranteed not frozen equipment if I do this

Den68

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 03:28:41 pm »
I have a plastic small Keter  cabinet that as 2" insulation inside and outside also have bubble wrap over my RO  this is in a sheltered location outside my back door.

Den68

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 03:31:50 pm »
Inside cabinet.

Spruce

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 04:08:52 pm »
Hi all, a few weeks ago I made a post about having an issue with getting a big tank into my garden to store my water then transfer to my van, I do have an outside tap at the front so could connect my ro and fill straight into the van, does anybody else do this, I have been put off by the ro unit getting to cold in the winter and cracking would be interesting to see if anyone else uses this method and how they go about it.

Most who go the plug and play route will choose a fast r/o, so either a 4021 or a 4040. They will also have a float switch and solenoid valve fitted so that the system will shut down when the tank is full.

But for you the most important thing to consider is to keep the r/o from freezing.  You will also need to have a di vessel on board.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

NWH

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 04:26:14 pm »
What I do if it’s very cold is take the filters off the outside tank that’s in a shed is lay them in the back of the van and fill for a few hours like this,I just connect an outside tap to the first pre filter that has a hose lock fitting on it. When the outside temp is going to go back to normal or enough above freezing so it won’t crack the housings I put it back onto the outside setup. If I see the weather is going to bitter for he next few days I’ll brim the outside 1000ltr tank and also have half a tank in the van,this will give me enough to get me through a couple of days without needing to fill anything.

Stephen burton

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 10:43:37 pm »
Thanks for all the advice, I currently have a 300gpd next ro unit, if I was to change to something else that would have quicker production what is best and how much am I looking to spend