Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

Not directly window cleaning..... But
« on: December 09, 2017, 08:46:30 am »
Does anybody use a smart watch?  Dont know much about them but at the moment I use bluetooth headphones to listen to the tunes and also take phone calls whilst working. I only ever have one ear using them, so I can still hear the customer and people around me for instance. I also use google speech control if i need to make a call whilst working, so pretty much hands free and able to work.
Yet I still receive alot of texts and emails wbich I have to stop work, get the phone out and check. So wondered if smart watches show you your texts and emails, if it's linked to your phone? Then a quick glance at the watch and i willl know if to  stop work or not.

Cheers in advance
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

The Jester of Wibbly

Re: Not directly window cleaning..... But
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 09:08:20 am »
Will this be the new image you're looking for.  You could call your van KITT

Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Dry Clean

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 10:12:53 am »
Dazmond has just spent £4.5k on a heater when a £50 immersion would have done the same job, do you really need a smart watch
do help improve your business ? who cares, go for it there's no pockets in a shroud.
You know you want one. lol.

chopsie

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 02:31:41 pm »
Just say “hey Siri” then wait for it’s response and then say  “read text message”.  I assume android phones have a similar voice control function?
chopsie

nathankaye

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 04:42:34 pm »
Just say “hey Siri” then wait for it’s response and then say  “read text message”.  I assume android phones have a similar voice control function?

Great idea, didnt think of that but it works great.
Thank you
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 05:02:15 pm »
I would imagine some sort of smart watch would be able to connect to your phone via Bluetooth to show any alerts. Maybe a sports watch like a Garmin.

I say this because I have a Garmin GPS on my bike, on the handle bars and it shows up who is calling or texting so I know whether or not I need to stop and answer it.

I think it's a good idea, it's a pain in the bum to stop pull phone out of pocket every 5 mins when it's ppi or some foreign donut

nathankaye

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 05:48:05 pm »
I would imagine some sort of smart watch would be able to connect to your phone via Bluetooth to show any alerts. Maybe a sports watch like a Garmin.

I say this because I have a Garmin GPS on my bike, on the handle bars and it shows up who is calling or texting so I know whether or not I need to stop and answer it.

I think it's a good idea, it's a pain in the bum to stop pull phone out of pocket every 5 mins when it's ppi or some foreign donut

Thats exactly it. My phone is tucked away and calls n music blue tooth to head phones. But the Google voice works great, ive just been using it and thats saved me some money, which is always nice. So im sorted now and only need the phone to take a card payment.
Just love modern technology, it makes work a whole lot easied
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

chopsie

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 05:58:29 pm »
Nathan, You can also text back using Siri, works pretty well most of the time, you won’t need to stop cleaning then, but your customers will think you’ve gone insane 🤣
chopsie

nathankaye

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2017, 06:10:35 pm »
Nathan, You can also text back using Siri, works pretty well most of the time, you won’t need to stop cleaning then, but your customers will think you’ve gone insane 🤣

Ive used it when driving, thats why I cant believe I didnt think to use it on a broader range. Thats why its great you mentioned it.

Haha I have had it where Im speaking to a potential customer on the phone via blue tooth and the customer whose house im cleaning come out to talk to me at the same time! Because they only see one ear piece and no phone to the ear, they dont understand when i ask them to wait a moment because im just on a call  ;D ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Matt.

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2017, 10:07:46 pm »
U can text email, answer ur calls on the Apple Watch ...... Don't have one personally but just ask my kids about them, they say there ok

Soupy

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2017, 11:42:04 pm »
U can text email, answer ur calls on the Apple Watch ...... Don't have one personally but just ask my kids about them, they say there ok

OK? For a £320 watch that needs charging once a day, will go out of fashion in less than a year and will probably be rendered obsolete by it's manufacturer in three years, I'd be looking for more than OK.

For the price of an apple watch you could but 21 of these, with enough change left over for an all day breakfast at harvesters.

https://youtu.be/OGfOmbzinc0

Lewis from unbox therapy has reviewed 1000s of tech products. I trust his opinion on this sort of thing over most others.

For £15ish, worth a punt?
A fully paid up  memeber of the blue pill community

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2017, 11:53:08 pm »
Buying anything Apple is stupid.

Soupy

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2017, 12:16:35 am »
Personally, I think smart watches are pointless, at best you are saving yourself a sum total of two minutes per day and you look like a berk.

Having said that, if you're the kind of person who walks around with a Bluetooth earpiece in, probably with a holster on your belt for your phone, then, I guess, a smart watch might be the next logical step.

jk999

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2017, 06:38:39 pm »
I have a smart watch one of my best purchase s .if my phone goes of my watch vibrates and shows me all text and emails  and when someone s calling so I know whether to get phone out or not

Soupy

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2017, 07:23:53 pm »
I have a smart watch one of my best purchase s .if my phone goes of my watch vibrates and shows me all text and emails  and when someone s calling so I know whether to get phone out or not

However did you manage before?

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2017, 08:51:29 pm »

Could say that about owt.

Good to see whos calling without digging into pocket, especially if a lot of the time its spam.

nathankaye

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2017, 08:57:26 pm »

Could say that about owt.

Good to see whos calling without digging into pocket, especially if a lot of the time its spam.

Haha some people say they aint got time to build a rapport with their customers and have a chat or a cuppa and that seems ok to many on here.
Yet, say you want to optimise on modern technolgy which allows you to concentrate on the job at hand in a safe manner and people question it lol  ;D

These are some of the little tbings which allow you the stress free way of cracking out a good number of houses in a day and still allowing the odd cuppa from a kind hearted/appreciative customer
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Shrek

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2017, 09:06:00 pm »
Do you really think someone expects an instant reply?
Siri on iPhones reads txts & sends txts , you can even set it up so that your phone calls are announced so it will ring and then say ‘123 Street calling ‘ or ‘ the Mrs calling’ or it’ll be ‘unknown calling ‘.
I never really have to take my phone out whilst using a Bluetooth headset, I certainly don’t send emails whilst I’m out cleaning

Soupy

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2017, 06:03:47 am »
Leave your phone in the van.

robbo333

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2017, 09:44:27 am »
No one ever calls me  :'(
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"