Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

The green is being mean !
« on: December 09, 2017, 12:08:25 pm »
Been using Gardiner green as my main hose , but it has to come off now , not because its pants its spot on , but it just isnt holding the heat due to being PU and light .
I am running 80m of it and by the time the hot gets to me at the other end most of the heat has been lost , its still warm but it is sort of defeating the object of running hot .
I dont always have the full 80 out , so most of the time its not too bad , I dont want to go back to microbore its gonna kill me and i dont think my drill likes winding it in too much either !
Looks like im going to have to try 60 micro with 20 green on the end , its just a good job i got an Aladins shed of hoses ! 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Plankton

Re: The green is being mean !
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 12:59:20 pm »
I've got an Aladins shed of crap! Which is another issue all together. If you've seen the photos of the van then the garage is far far worse.

Dry Clean

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 03:33:11 pm »
Cant see the hose being the problem as the water wouldn't be in it long enough, I take it you use an immersion ?, if so check if the
water at the bottom of the tank is hot enough, remember heat rises so unless you mix you water it wont be the same temp top
and bottom of tank.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 03:42:22 pm »
He uses a gas heater sean.warm water(or slightly hotter is all you need in very cold weather).

I use microbore like most windys these days and even this loses a lot of heat 🔥 on cold ground
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 10:23:22 pm »
He uses a gas heater sean.warm water(or slightly hotter is all you need in very cold weather).

I use microbore like most windys these days and even this loses a lot of heat 🔥 on cold ground

That is true , but if you are losing that much of the heat at point of brush head then its a waste of time money and gas / diesel / electric .
I have now changed to 60m micro and 20 green and what a difference , its almost twice as hot at brush head with all the hose laid out up and down the carpark !
I know when its doing the biz as i can tell through a simple test , if i can feel the heat through the pole base section then its good to go , with the green alone i was not getting it , now i am , and thats what its about for me , a bit of comfort and supple hoses  ;D

Just look at the difference in the hoses and you will understand , the green should be 5.5mm its more like 6 , and the micro is supposed to be 6 and its actually 8 !
Also the walls say it all , the micro is twice as thick and its rubber  , summer green and winter micro for me now .

I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !