Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

hot water temp vids
« on: March 29, 2017, 12:13:58 pm »
As title says. Some have asked how hot does my immersion get and what temo is it by 3pm etc etc. So im doing a couole of vids to show the answers.

This is the firat one done at 12pm.
Didnt take temp in morning but it was around 50.

https://youtu.be/kGlNe7wPI2Y
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Lee Pryor

Re: hot water temp vids
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 12:32:39 pm »
All our vans have hot systems. I'm my experience hot makes no difference with cleaning until over 60oC the sweet spot being 65. Then it make a huge difference.

Also why the plastic balls in the tank?
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 01:13:29 pm »
All our vans have hot systems. I'm my experience hot makes no difference with cleaning until over 60oC the sweet spot being 65. Then it make a huge difference.

Its a wydale tank sold as a baffled tank, but the baffle is the design due to the size of tank. 500ltr upright which is kinda split into 2 x 250, so the balls are just a cheap way to help add additional baffles. Works a treat
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 01:53:05 pm »
Ionic say 60 odd degrees but I find 40+ makes a difference tbh.

robert mitchell

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 02:04:02 pm »

Are you diesel or gas for your hot water Lee?
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 02:19:36 pm »
Lee is right though 60 plus is different gravy and a massive change in the clean overall

NWH

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 02:21:57 pm »
40 odd degrees would be classed as winter mode more or less though would be to hot some mornings in rural areas.

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 03:14:38 pm »
Ok so this is the 3pm water temp check.
What temp do you think it will be??

https://youtu.be/JgnpGqTm7cM
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Lee Pryor

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 03:15:28 pm »

Ours are all  gas. 8L heaters with 19kg propane strapped to the tank. Our heaters are mounted inside with a flu through the roof. Only cost about £250 to kit out each van and they work a treat.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

nathankaye

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 03:23:05 pm »
I must admit lee, that if i wasnt happy with the immersion heater ive not long started using, i would go down the gas route. But im initial put off, due to some of the dangers that can be had.
My van has an extracted van added to it so i could always rig a fume upto that and also run the fan, but for now im more than happy with the temp i get.
Cheers tho
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

robert mitchell

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 03:51:03 pm »

Ours are all  gas. 8L heaters with 19kg propane strapped to the tank. Our heaters are mounted inside with a flu through the roof. Only cost about £250 to kit out each van and they work a treat.

Thanks for that Lee , i was lucky enough to find a two man diesel heater (purefreedom ) secondhand for £280 , pleased with it but not sure i would of paid £4000 for a new one!
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

NWH

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 03:54:23 pm »
Once you have one all parts are replaceable on them I ve just had prices for spare parts on mine,new burners and heat exchangers can be replaced for 150 each so keeping them running is not going to cost thousands again if that's what someone may have paid.

Spruce

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2017, 04:10:53 pm »

Its a wydale tank sold as a baffled tank, but the baffle is the design due to the size of tank. 500ltr upright which is kinda split into 2 x 250, so the balls are just a cheap way to help add additional baffles. Works a treat

Wyedale also make the identical tank without a baffle.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

SB Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2017, 04:30:13 pm »

What heaters do you use Lee?

I fitted a fastar 8l a month or so back and it's been great :)