Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Donnie matheson

Faulty machine
« on: March 29, 2017, 05:21:24 pm »
Hi, I am a long term lurker, not often have much to say, but I do enjoy reading the posts on here.
Today I have a problem I am hoping someone can help with.
Yesterday while loading the machine into the back of the van, it rolled out and landed on its back. I hadn't used it for a few months before that. It smashed the mains plug, so I replaced it today, and fired it up at home. Both vacs started up, and so did the pump, however, I have little suction. Could I have damaged the vac motors?
Both sound ok, it's making all the right noises, just very little suction.
I have had the machine on its back, and pulled off the car hoses, all look ok.
It's an old machine, a prochem super extraction, fitted with new Ametec lamb 7.2 motors a couple of years ago, and had relatively little use since.
What's likely to be the problem?
Thanks in advance

Dave_Lee

Re: Faulty machine
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 05:41:10 pm »
Can only suggest, being careful minding electrics, to get to vac motor and start from there. Remove vac hose and see if there is suction at the vac impeller inlet, if there is then the impeller is ok, if not, its a new vac motor complete. If there is suction there then there must be a break somewhere further along the vac hose line or connectors anywhere up to the waste tank.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

AJB

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 06:09:43 pm »
Most likely either shook a motor loose and air leak past gasket.
Or god forbid you've split the tank.
I'm not acquainted with the machine so cannot be more specific.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

Donnie matheson

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 06:22:45 pm »
I will strip it down at the weekend and have a look. Thanks for the advice, like I said, it sounds ok, so may be more than likely a damaged tank. I guess its fibreglass resin to repair it? Would be a cheaper fix than a pair of motors anyway!