Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

duncan h

Re: Canvassing companies
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2017, 06:38:26 pm »
Wish i could move duncan tbh , its really hard going round here, too many cheap window cleaners about and yorkshire folk are tight as they come.

Must be nice to work in an affluent village down south with no competition.
Same as mate. Loads of windys at silly prices.
Got a customers in a new estate. I charge him £10. Someone else quoted him £5 WFP. That's that estate out then. Don't get me wrong. Its an easy clean, but I keep my prices on the top end.
If everyone did the same. All our lives would be better

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2017, 06:58:10 pm »
it doesnt matter where you work.theres really cheap window cleaners everywhere.some guys near where i work  are charging £4-50 for 3 bed semis!(i kid you not!).ive had guys offering to clean some of my 4 bedders for £8! ::)roll very affluent areas too.

i also tried to get some work near my brothers house.very big estate of 4 and 5 bedders.2 trad guys are cleaning most of them for £8-10 each! ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2017, 09:04:04 pm »
Wish i could move duncan tbh , its really hard going round here, too many cheap window cleaners about and yorkshire folk are tight as they come.

Must be nice to work in an affluent village down south with no competition.
Same as mate. Loads of windys at silly prices.
Got a customers in a new estate. I charge him £10. Someone else quoted him £5 WFP. That's that estate out then. Don't get me wrong. Its an easy clean, but I keep my prices on the top end.
If everyone did the same. All our lives would be better

I'm about £10-£12 for an average semi, Dont do much for less than a tenner. I don't think that's extortionate but struggle to get that.  Next door neighbour pays £4.50  ???

JandS

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2017, 09:36:25 pm »
Adam....I do a lot of 3 bed semis nearly all in the same half mile diameter of my house....I charge less than £10 per semi and can easily knock out £30 per hour....90% of the round though is very compact.
I very much doubt there are many semis owners round here pay £20 per month for window cleaning unless they have a massive conservatory.

Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Stoots

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2017, 09:40:59 pm »
Adam....I do a lot of 3 bed semis nearly all in the same half mile diameter of my house....I charge less than £10 per semi and can easily knock out £30 per hour....90% of the round though is very compact.
I very much doubt there are many semis owners round here pay £20 per month for window cleaning unless they have a massive conservatory.

Ive lower prices before to get work but I always end up regretting it whilst doing it.

My work isn't compact but at my prices I too do about 30 an hour. On more compact work (which tends to be canvassed work I can hit 40 an hour)

Just need more of it!

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2017, 10:03:17 pm »

Ive lower prices before to get work but I always end up regretting it whilst doing it.

My work isn't compact but at my prices I too do about 30 an hour. On more compact work (which tends to be canvassed work I can hit 40 an hour)

Just need more of it!

it take time mate.years of window cleaning! ;)
price higher/work harder!