Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

Re: When do you change Resin?
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2017, 10:09:11 pm »
Hi Nathan. No ive only just ordered the new Di and fittings. I'm not worried about the pump right now as I just need to get the TDS back down again and happy to sort pump later.
Just need to know about fitting. The little 1 litre I have has the blue (1/4) hose going in one end of the Di and the red hose(one that leads into tank producing pure) going in the other end of th Di

So my question is..... Do I put a fitting(3/4 to 1/4 pushfit which I've bought) into both the outlet and inlet of Di vessel? That's why I've bought X 2 fittings. Or is it a different fitting to the outlet than the inlet(Di vessel I'm talking about) have bought the same Di from link you sent earlier in post. Cheers

Sorry bud, not had time to do vid yet.
The main thing on di is changing the connection on the inlet to the 1/4, so you can simply push the blue hose in.  It makes no difference really to the outlet as that just takes your pure to the tank. But if you have it all set up with the red hose, then yes use the 1/4 new connection so its basically what you have now but with a larger di vessel
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2017, 11:06:50 am »
Cheers Nathan. I have ordered the new Di and 2 X fittings(due end of week I think) So will keep you updated. I'm hoping a new Di will sort it. Can look at fixing the pump later but main thing is to get TDS back down again. :)

nathankaye

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2017, 05:49:58 pm »
Heres a link to a quick vid but firat a couple of excuses  ;D
My thumb nail is disgusting,  trapped it in car door n then punctured nail to get blood out so it looks a little gross.
Also, i should have checked my di tds first, it finishes at 002 or 003 cant remember now, but ive been using it for several months, but the thing to take note of is the tds creep.

https://youtu.be/lMtZ_YHKUgE
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2017, 05:10:27 pm »
Thanks Nathan. Sorry for delayed response(this is the first time I've signed on here for a few days)

New Di has arrived today with my 3/4 to 1/4 fittings. Very easy to put fittings on. The water has finally come out at 000 YAY. It must of been the poxy little vessel. It's been on all day and still 000. Will take a look at video now as time to look at getting a pump fitted to speed it up a bit. Cheers

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2017, 05:19:59 pm »
I have never disconnected Di though like you have. I just set up new Di and flushed for ages then switched to produce pure and it's been 000 all day. I don't know how important it is to disconnect Di? Be interesting to see how long it lasts before TDS creeps up. I need to look at those pictures you sent in the earlier replies as need to work out what fittings I need to attach booster pump.

Don Kee

« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2017, 06:35:30 pm »
It's not massively important to disconnect DI when flushing but it can only help.
When flushing, your RO still produces pure (not a lot though) but at a higher TDS , so this will obviously be going through your resin (although with a 450gpd RO, it wont be much)
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2017, 06:39:59 pm »
Cheers Don. The weird thing is when I flush the TDS is actually 000 and then again 000 when I turn switch to produce. No idea why that is? Not complaining though as 000 is great :)

Don Kee

« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2017, 06:48:55 pm »
It'll still be 0ppm whether you're flushing or not mate

Resin is designed to get you 0ppm whether you're putting 300ppm into it or 6ppm
By putting a lower ingoing TDS though, you are prolonging the life of your resin as it 'does't have to work as hard to filter the water'(it's not quite as literal as that but it's the best way to describe it!)

So...when flushing, you'll be putting a higher TDS through your resin (albeit not a lot) so you'll still get 000ppm, you'll just use a bit more resin to get to 0 then you would if you have your tap set to pure

The best way to check and see the difference is disconnect the DI. Test the TDS of the water that would normally go in to the DI when your RO is set to flush, and then when its set to produce. That will then show you what TDS you are putting through your resin

Like I said, the amount is negligible but it cant do any harm to disconnect whilst flushing (I always have on my 4040)
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

nathankaye

« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2017, 07:31:57 pm »
Could be wrong but back flushing doesnt prevent tds creep.
When membranes are under pressure (being used) it seperates particles in the membranes; purified at one side and not at the other. So if the membrane is not under constant pressure, the two sides no longer stay seperated and mix. Thats why the tds is much higher coming through first. As in my vid the tap water was something like 280. The first lot of water for first 2 or 3 mins was coming out just over 200. So i disconnect so im not adding that to the di.
Just an extra prolonging of di life.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2017, 07:58:15 pm »
Thanks for the input. Gone with the days of just a ladder and squeegee although I would never go back trad in a million years. Best thing I ever did was move over to wfp

nathankaye

« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2017, 08:03:31 pm »
Thanks for the input. Gone with the days of just a ladder and squeegee although I would never go back trad in a million years. Best thing I ever did was move over to wfp

Ditto, i think weve all uttered the words;
" why didnt i do it sooner"

Though i agree, sometimes the ease of just putting your ladders away and washing the scrims sounds appealing
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2017, 08:23:25 pm »
I'm only 37 and had 18 years on a ladder and the last two years wfp. It was scary at first the changeover but I honestly couldn't imagine getting up a ladder all day long now. I don't want to be in my 50's climbing a ladder(no disrespect to any older trad members). It had to be WFP all the way. I still have a squeegee for the occasional indoor work though.

nathankaye

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2017, 12:31:03 am »
I'm only 37 and had 18 years on a ladder and the last two years wfp. It was scary at first the changeover but I honestly couldn't imagine getting up a ladder all day long now. I don't want to be in my 50's climbing a ladder(no disrespect to any older trad members). It had to be WFP all the way. I still have a squeegee for the occasional indoor work though.

Very similar story, im 39 and just over 15yrs experience and last 2 on wfp.

When on trad i knew my work very well, the clients, the houses, gardens and windows.  So i could put the ladder down and before it touched the sill i would almost be at the top.  Or the odd window you needed to bounce the ladder a fraction to get to.   And then after almost a year on wfp i had to go up a ladder for something and all my confidence left. I didnt enjoy it and so if i helped my mate on his round again, even though i was much faster than him upstairs, i told him im not on ladders any more.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2017, 04:43:30 pm »
Made me laugh Nathan about the bouncing the ladder Lol. I used to do that and literally run up them. Like yourself I would hate to go up one now