Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Biowash / Smartseal what is it?
« on: March 10, 2017, 06:44:00 pm »
Is it a franchise or something? Just had some very nice four colour flyers through the door, bit of googling and the two directors are polish living round the corner from me. Offering pressure washing roof cleaning and gutter vacuuming.

Smurf

Re: Biowash / Smartseal what is it?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 08:00:22 am »
I'm aware of a chap that bought a biowash package. Not long after wanted to get shot of the 12v trolley and Ben sorted him out with some other kit. The chap did not seem that pleased with the chems they sell either nor the training as he posted a vid.

Solar Steve

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 09:26:21 am »
Hi Dave.

We are a Smartseal Registered Installer and have been for about 7 years.  Nick & Nigel run self-accredited training courses and at the end of it, you get a certificate and you can buy pressure washing gear, decals for your van, flyers, presentation folders, etc.

You then secure a territory for yourself and when they have a lead in your area, they will contact you.  You pay £12.50 +VAT for the lead.  It is down to you to secure the job then.   They expect you to purchase the sealers from them, though you are not bound by this.  It is all done on trust.  If they give you a number of leads, but go elsewhere for the products, your leads will dry up.

The cost of the lead is a bargain.  I get leads from them every month and these can regularly turn into £2k-£3k jobs with about a 40% profit margin.  We do very well from it each year.

They are uber-professional, provide excellent customer service and advice, even if you are on the job and come across an unexpected problem.

As for the Biowash, it is a roof cleaning system that can be done from ground level.  While this could be a bolt-on to a window cleaning company, I think that sealing driveways is more the way to go.  We are not a Biowash Agent, simply because the solar thing is growing too quickly for me to give it my attention.  But my next business will likely be built around being a Biowash Agent.

Hope that helps.

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 10:00:23 am »
My area seems flooded with hard surface cleaning & sealing  smartseal reg installers. Mind when thinking about it all it takes is to part with  £99 to attend a product training course to become one. Then whatever products, kit, marketing package you also buy afterwards. Smart as in business model I'm thinking...lol