Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

8weekly

Re: A what would you charge thread.
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2017, 08:19:27 pm »
Is this the douchebag thread?
£90, £110,£150  ::)roll
It's 3 poxy windows and a little bit of plastic.
Oh but it's high, my arms will ache😭😭

Seriously that's 15 min per window/plastics for 1 man, an hour max including set up and letting chemicals soak.
Some of you idiots need to get a grip.
It's also a one off for someone that only wants those done as she has a regular window cleaner that can't do then and as you say your arms will ache after. So, if you have plenty of work and assuming your regular hourly rate is £45 why on earth would you do it for that? If you would, then who's the idiot?

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2017, 08:20:36 pm »
£450
Comfortably Numb!

chris turner

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2017, 08:42:55 pm »

Seriously that's 15 min per window/plastics for 1 man, an hour max including set up and letting chemicals soak.
It's also a one off for someone that only wants those done as she has a regular window cleaner that can't do then and as you say your arms will ache after. So, if you have plenty of work and assuming your regular hourly rate is £45 why on earth would you do it for that? If you would, then who's the idiot?

The fact that I have plenty of work means I would just turn the job down, unless she agreed to the whole house.
If I could spare an hour during my schedule then I would fit the job in at the top end of my usual rate. 
Quoting ridiculous prices doesn't make you or our industry look good.

8weekly

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2017, 08:57:12 pm »

The fact that I have plenty of work means I would just turn the job down, unless she agreed to the whole house.
If I could spare an hour during my schedule then I would fit the job in at the top end of my usual rate. 
So you wouldn't help her then? Or you would if she sacked her existing windy? Is that enhancing the reputation of our "industry"?

chris turner

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2017, 09:11:40 pm »

So you wouldn't help her then? Or you would if she sacked her existing windy? Is that enhancing the reputation of our "industry"?

Oh and your trying to help her out are you ::)roll
Get over yourself fella.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2017, 09:15:09 pm »
Comfortably Numb!

8weekly

« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2017, 09:17:21 pm »

Oh and your trying to help her out are you ::)roll
Get over yourself fella.
At any other price I wouldn't do it. It's a one off and hard work. I also reckon there's a good chance it won't all come off which will mean more effort and potential hassle. At the price quoted it's worth it. Anything less then they can get someone else. Most like you wouldn't bother. There's pragmatism to my approach but just bitterness to yours.

chris turner

« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2017, 09:21:32 pm »
£450

That's each.

5 mins per window tops?
Christ you could make around £42-43000 a day at those prices.
Now remind me where I can buy those cheap rubber o rings?

;D

8weekly

« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2017, 09:24:34 pm »
£450

That's each.

5 mins per window tops?

;D
You said 15 minutes earlier. The more you drink the faster you get.... in your mind.

Dave Willis

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2017, 09:28:30 pm »
£450 plus VAT.

and off a ladder.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2017, 09:32:49 pm »
£450

That's each.

5 mins per window tops?

;D

It's my own fault, I haven't put my prices up for a long time! I AM telling the truth, my little reliable soldier will be along shortly to back me up- honest!
Comfortably Numb!

Tom White

« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2017, 11:21:06 pm »
That's an amazing price for what must be 20 mins work.

Fair play I couldn't dream of getting that price would be lucky to get 20 quid round here if that

We know, but the sub-text to the OP's post is "Aren't I so great!"

Personally I'd just refuse the job.

Tosh

« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2017, 11:32:50 pm »
You’re easily bored aren’t you.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Tom White

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2017, 11:38:00 pm »
You’re easily bored aren’t you.

We had a complaint about one of your posts, which drew my attention to this post!

Tom White

« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2017, 11:40:13 pm »
Yeah, right ;)

Yes, right; please don't use the word again!

Tosh

« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2017, 11:42:56 pm »
I constantly use it?

Poor old Peavey. Thats rich coming from him wining on about words being unnecessary. Oh well, I’m sure you put them straight in your undiplomatic way. Can we have some pics please?
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Tom White

« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2017, 11:43:50 pm »
Yeah, right ;)

Chris complained about me calling him an old fart or Modded about me calling him by his name. Next you’ll be claiming someone was moaning about you posting images of your missus' arse on here.

You've amended this post; that's fine.

The complaint goes to all the mods; it's genuine.

I've asked you politely not to use the word again. 

You know from experience I don't ask twice.

Tosh

« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2017, 11:45:23 pm »
Oh you’re all serious now, aren’t you, like what a proper mod should be ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2017, 11:53:46 pm »
Topic Locked.

Good grief - there's something in the water some CIU members are drinking lately.

::)roll

It's a game of three halves!