Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nick H

Hi everyone

Ive worked in retail furniture sales for 14 years the last 5 being a deputy manager . Im looking to get out of retail for many reasons , the main one is having weekends off or even just sundays to spend time with my 4 kids .
 over the past 6 months ive had a good long think about what I want to do and have decided oven and carpet cleaning is what I want to do , I love to graft and am really good with people .
Im going to step down in my job to part time to help pay the bills ( my mrs has a reasonable job which helps ) while trying to build a successful business which I know will take a couple of years.
 I have booked in 1day pro chem training , 3 days with alltec and im going to do the ncca aswell, I am also starting with a local carpet cleaner on my days off to learn the trade before I go on my own in june .

So my question is , am I doing things the right way ?
also what machine would you recommend ?  New or used ?
Ive been looking at pro flex , alltec or an asbyby all around the 400 psi with some sort of heater.
Any advice welcome and appreciated !

Thank you

edward coller

Re: Any advice for a new starter and machine recommendations ??
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 03:04:21 pm »
well done you for giving it a go! Your people skills will be your main asset, people buy people!  It is hard work but enjoyable you will need to market,sell,market, non stop, be prepared to start off slow and keep the faith. Its tempting to be cheap to get the work, but you can end up being a busy fool imo.
The suppliers of kit you mentioned are all good ,buy from whom you feel most comfortable with, and hopefully they are close to your home.All the best. Remember to keep some money saved for the taxman, he will want his share . Simon

Aston Rayfield

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 03:20:56 pm »
Hi, I'd have a look at World of Clean for Training and products Nick.. you'll great support from a great team

john martin

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 07:16:31 pm »
^ wont they just sell him a pup ?    ... or is a cub    :-X

I would get a new machine if you have a startup budget  , last thing u need is doing repairs or fixing issues insted of working
 The three companies u list should each be able to supply you with a decent heated portable , only difference being your budget and your perfered design features or priorities .

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 07:52:42 pm »
And you may be able to get your training course fees back as most of those companies will give you a free training course if you buy a new machine.

As John says it depends how you chose to cut your budget up..

Rog
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way