Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Albert Webster

Newbie advice
« on: February 21, 2017, 08:45:38 am »
Hi cc, probably asked before but as the industry changes with technology etc I thought I would ask for other people input/experience,so I'm  looking to start up carpet cleaning in the next few months as a add on service. First I have a 4 day course booked with solutions at the end of next month March. My Question - which machine for carpets/upholstery/hard flooring, is there a machines that can do all ? I know when I do the course they will probably try to sell me what they have to offer, any advice is welcome, Budget I have about 7.5k to play with at the moment, thanks abbie

Dave_Lee

Re: Newbie advice
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 01:56:47 pm »
Not all about the machine, backup service is vitaly important. Whilst a supplier can sell you a machine, the customer service afterwards is not always up to scratch. Alltec are one of the companies you can't go wrong with, their back up and knowledge is second to none. Ive had 3 portable and two Truck Mount machines from them over the years.
The triple vac Advance is what I think you are looking for:-
http://alltec.co.uk/professional-carpet-cleaning-machines/advance-triple-vacuum/
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

scott johns

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 04:23:02 pm »
agree with above comments I have been buying machines and there cleaning products for over 10 years
you wont get a nicer company to do business with they are patient and will always give you there best advise
there machines are awesome and so reliable all the best in your new venture happy cleaning

swanson

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 04:30:26 pm »
I did the solutions course 2 years ago
they have a great range of chems and they will go over the machines they use which are the jag 8.4 or the jag cub which are the two best portable machines on the market today.

Albert Webster

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 04:38:23 pm »
Thank u for the replies, I guess taking the course first will give me a better insight to what sort of machine can do what, and of course after sales service would be very important to me being new to the industry thanks

John Kelly

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 05:07:36 pm »
If possible buy a machine locally. Not that modern machines break down that often but if it does far easier to pop in local than have to drive or send it miles. Alltec and Airflex machines best on market.

john martin

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 10:41:27 pm »
Hi cc, probably asked before but as the industry changes with technology etc I thought I would ask for other people input/experience,so I'm  looking to start up carpet cleaning in the next few months as a add on service. First I have a 4 day course booked with solutions at the end of next month March. My Question - which machine for carpets/upholstery/hard flooring, is there a machines that can do all ? I know when I do the course they will probably try to sell me what they have to offer, any advice is welcome, Budget I have about 7.5k to play with at the moment, thanks abbie

Best try a few different machines and make your own mind up ,  decide what your priorities are and do some searching here .
A machine that 'does everything ' will probably be compromised in some area .   If you mean you want to use a tile spinner ?  ...  those that do often select portables specifically for the job with large 1200psi one hp +pumps .
But most id say would clean tile with a good rotary scrubber and extract with a wet vac of any portable , no need to go the spinner route .   Also do a couple of the courses if u can and get different views , on the one you mention you are likely to presented with some ' alternative facts '  .... although it wont be a waste of journey , i believe the scenery is beautiful in spring .
Portable wise , i like the Enforcer for design and features , Alltec make some really nice custom fiberglass models youd be proud to own , and many here seem to be happy with the airflex storm ...   

Albert Webster

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 08:20:44 am »
Thank you for the replies