Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

MarkSutcliffe

Smelly nylon
« on: February 20, 2017, 06:44:53 pm »
Hello

I cleaned a Nylon Carpet on Saturday morning, no issues, most of it was straight forward aside from a few stains..

Lady has just messaged me to say that is smells a bit..

She had it cleaned last year by somebody that apparently "took 20 mins".. however when i cleaned it it brought up some nail varnish stains from over two years ago.. The dirty water tank was full of foam as well..

Best course of action? Was going to go back and do a rinse with a cotton deoderiser or worth recleaning with a different cleaning solution? I used crystal green first time.

scott johns

Re: Smelly nylon
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 06:56:17 pm »
did you use air movers open windows and tell your client to leave window open for a few hours if after you
left she closed windows and door it would leave an unpleasant smell.
I don't think you will have to reclean possible just de odourise it chances are if windows are open smell will go in no time
if it smelt that bad she would have called you straight away best of luck anyway

John Kelly

Re: Smelly nylon
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 10:29:41 pm »
Don't re-wet it as it will make it worse. Its usually an invisible Mildew causing this. You need to deal with this using a Mildewcide, best product Formula 429 or 429 Plus. Normally deodourisers only deal with bacteria.