Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Elfyn

One of those days
« on: December 12, 2016, 05:02:12 pm »
I've had one of those days today.
Had a lounge, h, s & l to do this morning. Not that big a job, so I did all the prep before seting up the Storm. Turned the machine on and the trip went off on the house electrics. Shut it all down, re-set the trip and the same thing happened again and again and again - messed about for about 20 mins and decided to go and get my old machine. As this meant a 20 mile round trip, I then postponed the job booked in for the afternoon. Everything went fine on my old machine and I finished the job and returned to my workshop to check over the Storm - expecting the worse.
Pluged it in at the workshop and everything was fine and it was the same when I tried it at home.
Just one of those days!!!!  ???

CleanerCarpets

Re: One of those days
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 05:07:36 pm »
Do you leave the machine on the van overnight? May have been some condensation that had got in the machine over the weekend that dried out as the day went on.

tim handley

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 05:54:18 pm »
we all have those sort of days...........    keep smiling!! ;D
i had problems with my magma not heating up on friday, an extension lead causing me issues as well,
went out today expecting the worse, had a totally stress free day, jobs a good un........
all part of the job.........
some trip switches are far too sensitive in some properties.........

Conroy

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 08:17:12 pm »
I had this too (same machine), only it was halfway through a job. The solution was to finish off the job with one vac, since the electrics only tripped when I turned on the second one.

DB

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 04:27:12 pm »
Same thing happened to me many years ago...fortunately the customer was friendly with the people next door so I plugged into their electrics...job done
The customer told me their box was very sensitive so much so if they boiled a kettle then refilled and switched it on again it would blow the system...condensation within the kettle was the problem

maxcampbell

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 06:40:01 pm »
We've had this. The last time I got over it by plugging in upstairs, even though the rating on the RCD's was the same, the individual unit was more sensitive. Often the socket next to the cooker is on a bigger RCD.

elliott cleaning

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 10:00:33 pm »
Oh- the joys of just running truckmounts ;)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 10:17:29 pm »
I had a job today cleaning carpets when the hallway light started to drip then leak water! Madam had left the tap running upstairs in the bathroom above and the water had poured over onto the floor and seeped through to the light, I had to go upstairs to the bathroom and extract the water as well and not a tip in sight at the end of the job!! Tight northerners

Elfyn

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 08:58:23 am »
The most anoying thing is that my spare machine is almost the exact same spec as the storm - you'd think that they would draw the same power. I'm starting to think that this was a problem caused by condensation.
I don't want to start a "truckie war", but I knew someone would get a little dig in about truckmonts. Where I live and the work I do means that a truckmount is totally impractical.

*Hector*

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2016, 09:09:11 am »
Where I live and the work I do means that a truckmount is totally impractical.

That is no excuse....... move and then buy a truckmount....  ::)roll ::)roll

;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

edward coller

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2016, 02:49:46 pm »
You area very naughty but funny man......

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 03:06:50 pm »
Most likely condensation - make sure you give the motors a few minutes run time after each job with the waste tank lid off and keep the lid off it in the van until you use it. (You probably do that already.)

Could just of built up some condensation overnight/weekend and that was sat on a connection causing the trip till it dried.

I am assuming you opened the machine up when you got home - just to make sure no leaks from the pump or pipes dripping onto the electrics?

Could be the vac starting to go as well - sometimes they get a bit iffy like that as they are on their way out - just see how you get on over the next few jobs.