Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

What is the lightest smallest machine that will do a job?
« on: December 08, 2016, 06:19:31 pm »
I don't clean a great deal of carpets maybe 1 a week but I'm getting sick of humping my machine on and off the van not to.mention humping it around the job. I have an old extracta exel and its far too heavy. Im happy with the power it provides with a 130 psi pump and twin vacs so something similar is fine.

I'm looking for the lightest, most compact machine thats still useable.
Cheap as possible as well because I don't do enough work to warrant spending too much

Thanks

JandS

Re: What is the lightest smallest machine that will do a job?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 07:10:51 pm »
Adam....buy a decent sized machine and you won't have to move the machine from the doorstep outside.
I've just done a big old house 36 miles away in Knaresborough and was running it from the doorstep over a 100 foot hose run and it coped fine.
I've done the opposite to you and taken on a window round  to complement my carpet cleaning....I love it as it gets me outside a bit instead of stuck inside all day.
If you want to come over and look at my cc gear and quiz me about gear feel free to ring me your not that far away.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 09:14:05 pm »
Adam....buy a decent sized machine and you won't have to move the machine from the doorstep outside.
I've just done a big old house 36 miles away in Knaresborough and was running it from the doorstep over a 100 foot hose run and it coped fine.
I've done the opposite to you and taken on a window round  to complement my carpet cleaning....I love it as it gets me outside a bit instead of stuck inside all day.
If you want to come over and look at my cc gear and quiz me about gear feel free to ring me your not that far away.

Well the thing is a want something small that i can keep on the van, with the one i have i have to lump it on and off, it would be nice to sort the van out and make a space for in permanently. I had thought of the bigger machine longer hose idea but i  want it light because my back is playing up a bit and i want an easier day, i would prefer to have a smaller machine and shorter hose and be easy to move it around whilst working rather than carry all the extra gear around and longer hoses etc. I basically want a small setup ready to go on the van with a few trusted chemicals etc. If i ever got into carpets more seriously then i would go that way but to be honest i would rather stick with windows as my main business as the simplicty is fantastic.

I mainly do windows but offer other services as it would bore me to tears day in day out plus extra jobs i charge premium so when they come up its a nice bonus.

Bu thanks for the offer, where abouts are you?

John Kelly

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 10:16:03 pm »
You are missing a trick here.  You have a ready made customer base for your windows. Why not actively promote the carpet cleaning service to these people. Marry yourself up to a good local cleaner and pass the work on and take a cut. That way you don't need to buy a machine or do boring carpet cleaning but you're still making money.

Stoots

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 10:17:25 am »
HI John.

I like your thinking but the volume of add on jobs isn't that great at the moment. Plus u find cleaning carpets very quick and easy and a nice earner. For example the way I do it to say next time I clean your windows I will do the carpets, with a small setup ready to go it would be easy to knock these jobs out.

Anyway I appreciate all the advice but I've thought this one through and know what I want.

So can anyone actually recommend me a machine? Airflex mini seems to suit are there any others? Thanks

John Kelly

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 03:03:29 pm »
Airflex mini would be a good choice.

JandS

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 04:58:12 pm »
Batley Adam.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

neil 47

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 10:59:32 pm »
Airflex mini for me as well light and powerful
IICRC

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 01:56:37 pm »
I know just the machine for you.
performance wise it beats most 5.7 twin vacced machines.
It will run 50 ft hose no problem.
A normal person can pick it up with one hand.
I am not allowed to say what it is because it will upset too many people on here.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

Raymondo

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 03:28:13 pm »
Hi Trevor

Hope you are enjoying your retirement or have you gone back to work.

You are thinking of the cub from solutions good machine.

All machines are like marmite you either love them or hate them.

All the machine have there advantages and disadvantages.

Most of these small portables and the larger6.6 ones most of us would be unable to tell the difference at the wand end most are very similar in performance in the end.

At some point we will be looking at one of the larger portable to do the jobs our tm cant get to.

The one we choose will be decided by the way that company treats us there are a lots of factors not just how well the machine performs on paper.

A few  years ago our son bought something for his phone from carphone warehouse when he came home he realized it was the wrong one the pack had not been opened but they refused to take it back.

So we wont deal them now also currys as they are part of the  same group.

There loss.

The same if true with this industry certain companies I wont deal with now.

swanson

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 07:10:14 pm »
The machine you want is the Jag Cub
Lightweight very compact
Small enough to take in houses and upstairs. And it is very powerful 300 psi.
I have one and they are brilliant

john martin

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2016, 09:26:09 pm »
haven't they replaced the cub with the Mytee lite ?
You can get the cubs machine spec in the airflex mini or alltec express , but youl also get a decent body design also.
actually u can get a single 8.4 in the airflex mini , but why woiuld you .. the twin vac will be more powerfull ... and an inline heater that would be aboyt 600 as an external is only 200 to add on as an internal , no brainer , Express or mini .. . or mytee

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2016, 08:46:08 pm »
Molte Grazie