Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steven Butler

Restore Bioclean
« on: October 06, 2016, 08:43:54 pm »
Did a big job today, both carpets and upholstery in a lovely big house and used this on everything. Neil Kelloway helped.
Customer kept commenting how fresh everything looked and smelled.
First time ive used it and results were  absolutely astounding.
Will be in touch with JK about this tomorrow because im really impressed.

SteveAllan

Re: Restore Bioclean
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 08:48:04 pm »
How does it compare to M Power Steven.

Matt Steele

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 05:00:06 pm »
Is the product actually called "Restore Bioclean"? I google'd it and nothing came up

Dennis

Bob Allen

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 08:28:01 pm »
So what does all this mean exactly?
A product of nanotechnology: Colloidal micelles function on a molecular level.
Bob Allen

sean oregan

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 09:12:10 pm »
I have used both Restoremate bioclean and m power.
I use bio clean a lot it's really good.
M power I keep in the container as it's really good at keeping dust off the floor in my garage

john martin

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 09:25:53 pm »
So what does all this mean exactly?
A product of nanotechnology: Colloidal micelles function on a molecular level.
Ha , knock yourself out getting to the bottom of it  .

JK might offer his explaination .

My understanding would be  ....     the better name for these products are ' microemulsions '   Google it , there is loads of reading and various patents related to the method  ....  like this  https://www.google.com.ar/patents/US5679628

The microemulsion is not one particular substance but can be created by various chemical combinations , some may be plant derived , some may be synthetic , and its not just used in detergency but in several chemical fields .

The usual words that get included in the advertising for the cleaning versions , micelles , colloid are not unique to microemulsions , its a basic part od the chemical process of any detergent during the cleaning process , but these words may be singled out because the micelles are a bit smaller than usuall .  The whole eco thing may be because these products do not reley as much on builders like phosphate during the cleaning process .

The end result as far as i can see is a cleaning surfactant that may be ( under certain conditions ) a bit more efficent that a regular surfactant .
But its still just a  surfactant ... and imo can not compete with complex detergent mixes that contain and combine several indredients ,  surfactants , solvents , builders , chelating agents and other specific chemical all combined to make an efficient cleaning product under many different soiling conditions .

SteveAllan

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 08:58:20 am »
Helpful.

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 10:23:00 am »
i use this on wool and pet stains, its good, still cant get over the ultra low  mixture rates, about 50mls to 6 litres of water

sean oregan

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2016, 10:38:18 am »
Personally I find mixing it a bit stronger is better I mix at 10ml per litre with hot water.

Raymondo

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2016, 12:39:56 pm »
We use m-power more of a problem solver not a everyday chemical.

We wont be reordering but as soon as the old  stock is used up will try JK version.

Wont order from Nick now.

sean oregan

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2016, 05:30:50 pm »
It's a shame Nick has such a bad attitude as I would still use for some bits but between Restoremate and Alltec I have everything I need without any of the sh!t that goes with ordering from nick

*Hector*

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2016, 05:35:32 pm »
That seems odd, as I always found Nick to be very pleasant and helpful, especially as he didn't know me, he was always ready to speak on the phone and offer advise, and not just about his products...

That said, Bio clean is very good too, and I got some from John just before I packed in cleaning.
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

SteveAllan

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2016, 06:12:59 pm »
Always had an excellent service from Solutions.
I also buy from Restormate who also provide excellent service.

jasonl

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2016, 06:24:55 pm »
To those who are sceptical  about dilution rates, think about when you take a paracetemol, 2 tiny pills can  be traced in your blood for weeks.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

john martin

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2016, 09:23:00 pm »
Hmm , they were only 'working' at a high concentration though , and the higher the concentration the more effective they were .

Mike Halliday

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2016, 09:01:53 am »
The dilution rates of the colloid /miscelle(sp) was explained to me by using the analogy of men crowding around a bar trying to buy drinks :P

The is only so much space around the bar so once you get a number of men at the bar buying drinks any more would be stood behind them so not actually touching the bar.........the same with dirt  you can get  so many miscelle around the dirt any more will not actually do touching the  dirt so are pointless. A higher dilution rate increases the amount of miscelle but their is no room for them to touch the dirt so they go to waste.

Clear as mud :D
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

tim handley

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2016, 03:10:04 pm »
as per mIke, my understanding is if you mix it stronger it actually works less well.........   
i used  m power a while ago, it did a job for me  in certain situations definately,
now i carry  jks version which is better and cheaper.......... at least, it used to be cheaper,
not looked at solutions prices for a long time since being banned!!!

john martin

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2016, 08:51:43 pm »
I dont buy that single dilution ratio thing at all  !     

check out the suggested dilution rates for solution 2000  here  ,  the suggest dilution for carpet cleaning general is 1:1600
...  but the suggested dilution of the same for carpet spotting is 1:600 .... and for carpet traffic lane 1:150

down to even 'neat ' use for certain items

http://www.envirosan.com/s2p14freestuffsamples.html