Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul H Coulthard

Customer still complaining 2 weeks after cleaning
« on: September 20, 2016, 03:45:22 pm »
Hi cleaned customers carpet 2 weeks ago  customer after 1 week phoned to say there was a smell . I called around u had to get on my knees to smell it smelt like wet dog - smelly feet smell  Ventilation  was very poor in the room when we cleaned the carpet . Customer tells me he had window open all day  when we cleaned the carpet. And carpet was bone dry day after or 12 hours after it was cleaned.Carpet was left slightly damp  by us when we left. left a full room Airmover with him for 2 days now  on 2nd visit he says room still smells . I think the customer is trying for a new carpet to be honest .  Any advice thanks in advance  suggestions

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Customer still complaining 2 weeks after cleaning
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 05:56:34 pm »
Smells can be in the head and once it's there you'll never get the customer to say different, you could use Chemspec Odour Kill plus and bonnet clean it keeping the moisture content low and infusing the product in.

Paul H Coulthard

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 06:21:00 pm »
Went back after 1 week , I couldn't smell anything in the room but i could smell something like a wet dog - sweaty feet smell when I got on my knees and put my nose to the carpet. so I left customer with a large Airmover incase backing was wet left for 3 days with this no change, he says that  it still smells now over 2 weeks on - going to try craftex micro - kill  .

Dave_Lee

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 08:36:53 pm »
I had one like this a couple of years ago. Happy with clean but not the smell. I went back, hands and knees job - defo sweaty feet smell, and I told him. Also checked the stair carpet, same type etc. that I cleaned - no smell. He walks around in his socks. I sprayed and brushed in some deodoriser, after telling him it was nothing to do with the cleaning or the stairs would also smell. Obviously spends more time downstairs. I advised him to wear slippers and left him some over-shoes until at least, completely dry. Nothing else heard.
By the way, if nothing else works out for you, they are only entitled to the value of the carpet, as it was, immediately prior to you cleaning it, not a new one.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

julianb

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 08:42:36 pm »
It seems to be a bit humid right now so the moisture will release odours and maybe you are copping the flack

dustee

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 10:14:14 pm »
Or it is the dog