Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

robbo333

Re: Out of area jobs
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2016, 10:28:03 pm »
It would be interesting to identify if these are genuine enquiries or not.

Surely if you have pricing on your website and list the areas you cover, any enquiry well outside the area you cover is suspect.

Not necessarily. I do Google Adwords and get lots of enquiries but unfortunately Adwords doesn't let you tie it down tight enough on the areas. Not for me anyway. So some calls I get are outside my area (the custy doesn't know that).  Usually my ad is so bluddy good that they don't even look at my website (which has all my areas on it) so they just call me and naturally I am unable to help them...but someone else could. All the windies I know are quite busy, but it would be nice to help the custys out...and me of course  ;D

Optimize Location Targeting - AdWords In Under Five Minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8k1kMFO-qw

Thanks for the link but I did all that.
Adwords smallest geographical area you can work with is a postcode e.g. BH10. I have some fairly large postcode areas near to me. One half of the postcode is what I would consider a little gold mine, the other half of the same postcode is not so desirable to me. Hence I get, what I would consider, a non desirable customer. Perhaps I am being too picky?

I have never found the need to use google adwords myself and I tend to ignore any ads on search results too.
You would be far better off with a good seo site that ranks highly on the first page of google organic search results if you ask me.
Regards to enquires in part postal areas that you don't want to work in for whatever reason then I don't class that as being picky at all.

Again I agree, I think Google Adwords suck but I am getting at least 1 call a day at the moment and I feel like the gambler at the roulette table waiting for the right numbers to come in. I get the odd good custy (just enough to pay for the adwords) but nothing more than that. As for SEO, I think I can build a good website (my own is ok) but my SEO skills are terrible and it doesn't interest me so I'm two pages in...i think.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Perfect Windows

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2016, 10:32:38 pm »
The original point was not to make money. 

Part of it was to give customer service - some of these leads are relatives/friends of my customers; I just want to pass them the details of someone who's professional enough that they'll bother to phone the lead back.

The other reason is that even though the rest of these leads are coming from money I've spent and I'd be getting nothing back, at least someone on here would be getting the benefit rather than the customer ending up with some unknown tracky-wearing-bottom-dwelling-pikey cleaner who'll let them down.

Anyway, sounds like there isn't any demand for a separate section on the forum for lead exchange.

Vin

robbo333

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2016, 10:39:31 pm »
Oooops sorry did get a bit off track.
Yes I'm up for it, excellent idea.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Smurf

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2016, 11:33:57 pm »
Potentials I call them tend to contact more than one service provider in their local area anyway. Therefore what may seem a hot lead can go cold very quickly so I can’t see the point of a lead swap section myself. Not only that I would never recommend anyone I don't know personally nor want to cold call potentials myself when they have contacted another firm for a quote in the first place.

Vin, as for adwords leads costing you money that end up being out of your area then maybe you should be looking at alternative options if you can't configure your adwords properly so to stop them coming through.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2016, 11:14:55 pm »
Potentials I call them tend to contact more than one service provider in their local area anyway. Therefore what may seem a hot lead can go cold very quickly so I can’t see the point of a lead swap section myself. Not only that I would never recommend anyone I don't know personally nor want to cold call potentials myself when they have contacted another firm for a quote in the first place.

Vin, as for adwords leads costing you money that end up being out of your area then maybe you should be looking at alternative options if you can't configure your adwords properly so to stop them coming through.

I don't have a problem at all with adwords from the wrong area.  My searches are tighter than tight.  The ones that come in are from non paid for results.

Vin

CleanClear

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2016, 11:34:19 pm »
rather than the customer ending up with some unknown tracky-wearing-bottom-dwelling-pikey cleaner who'll let them down.

If you're that worried about the customer getting a good proffesional service then tell them how far away you are and ask for a mileage and call out charge that way they can benefit from the extreme Proffesional service you offer and you won't lose out either. Or they can make an informed descision and look for another one. Heaven forbid they might actually Google one  ;D
*Status*--------Currently Online---------