Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

what chemical for fascias
« on: March 28, 2016, 02:30:33 pm »
Whenever ive had a fascia clean when traditional wuth ladders. A good microfibre clothe and a spray bottle was all I ever needed.  Always did a fantastic job. Now on wfp, I turn up the pressure and use a sill brush with being flocked, again does a brilliant job.
However, even tho I consider it a bonus when I get these jobs, I have that much work I shy away from them.  So, my question is this. Someone did my customers house fascia, which is fine. However I get a call bk as windows have spotted. Now these have been done a yr on wfp by my friend and 9mnths by myself when friend moved away. So its not technique or oils etc. Im assuming whatever was used on fascia has driped o to frames and been reactivated when I cleaned windows,  being unaware. They said chap had a mask on when did it but dont kno what chemicals he used. Now hes done a good job, im peeved at getting the blame and redoing windows and having to reasure about water tds etc. (They are good cust, been doing them for yrs helping a friend) bug she is a cleaner herself but a bit OCD. Just wondered what may have been used?
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

kempy

Re: what chemical for fascias
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 03:53:29 pm »
I use a Tfr - traffic film remover , and also use Cif cream and a similar product as well .
Plus my water has Vision in it as well ..

I have also used Virosol and  ubik2000

Hardest cleaning bit is the Conny rails .

I prefere to use a soft brush as well

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 05:08:19 pm »
Could be a combination, did they wash the Windows after doing soffit fascia's and guttering, did they use pure water or tap water ?

If they didn't clean up after or rinsed down with tap water, then you've got dried on chemicals or hard water spots/limescale residue. Either way you are best off doing an intensive clean to remove what's left on the glass.

I'd hate for another cleaner to do sfg cleans on any of my regular window cleans, I like to now what's going go and the coach is better in my coffers rather than someone else's

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 05:41:21 pm »
If the chap wore a mask then he was probably using a strong chem mix as obviously did not want to inhale the stuff.

As for a spotting/drip marks it could also be chemical staining as some chems can etch glass on contact.

To do a test if the spotting don’t come off with a damp magic sponge then more likely the glass is knackered.

nathankaye

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 05:54:55 pm »
Its just frustrating how they think its my equipment, maybe the brush is dirty they offer up! Now, the cust are fine with me, but its just how they assume its my equipment. Perhaps apart from hi vis vest,a uniform, proffessional equipment isn't enough, I may need a mask lol!

I cleaned glass, all frames and glass and then bk round all glass once frames had finished dripping.  Explained whats happened, I think they only kinda believe me and said if not sorted txt me n let kno.
(Perhaps its time to say goodbye to em)
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Micky Barber

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 05:58:32 pm »
I used to use amonia.

trafficjamz

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 09:27:04 pm »
Ask them if it stunk of chlorine when they cleaned the gutters.
If so, they used a chlorine bleach. That stuff is good at killing algae but terrible side effects on other things, especially your throat and lungs, hence why they might be wearing a mask

Marc Stock

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 04:46:58 pm »
I use a Tfr - traffic film remover , and also use Cif cream and a similar product as well .
Plus my water has Vision in it as well ..

I have also used Virosol and  ubik2000

Hardest cleaning bit is the Conny rails .

I prefere to use a soft brush as well

Id be careful using CIF. It will dull it and its okay i guess if the upvc is really old anyway, but any abrasive cleaner on unplasticized polyvinyl chloride will ruin it and if its only a few years old that lovely shine will be gone.

Id also steer away from TFR, its basicly a diluted  mix of caustic soda and emulsifiers, ok for trucks and cars but not houses your setting yourself up for all sorts of litigation if TFR is left. Its nasty stuff on your skin imagine some splashed on the kiddies bikes and you didnt know about it?

I use a bucket of water and bio washing powder. Its cheap, does a much better job than those nasty chemicals as the enzymes just digest the organic matter you dont even need to scrub much just brush on and wash off with wfp.