Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian101

Flat tank air locks prevention
« on: March 26, 2016, 08:56:03 am »
Recently got a new system with a flat tank - appreciated it would have airlock problems when water low before I bought it but had to be flat tank for space reasons.

As it so happens airlocks only happening towards end of working day when really low on water so not too bad - but still annoying.

Apart from turning off controller when moving van what else can you suggest.

Going to try one of these but any other suggestions appreciated.  :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CARAVAN-WHALE-WATER-NON-RETURN-VALVE-IN-LINE-FITS-1-2-INCH-PIPE-/371158630195?hash=item566ac73f33:m:mC7LgoCq8FfEOywgvlFFsRg

ChumBucket

Re: Flat tank air locks prevention
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 09:48:18 am »
That valve will cure your problem, I use the same one and have done for some years since suffering the same issues back when I had a flat tank. I still use it now as I find it virtually eliminates any air ingress. ;)

Ian101

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 11:52:33 am »
That valve will cure your problem, I use the same one and have done for some years since suffering the same issues back when I had a flat tank. I still use it now as I find it virtually eliminates any air ingress. ;)

:) :)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 06:18:45 pm »
I have to unplug my hose from the reel and turn it on faster for a few seconds after any driving about, to blow the air bubbles out of it.
Have done that since day one. Never bothered me...