Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Re: New estate
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2016, 09:20:04 am »
Oh yeah - another modern estate of about 15 houses. I passed the 3 I did on here to Dan the Man and he seems happy enough but besides these three I have had two others over the years come and go - strapped for cash - sold due to divorce. The numbers never seem to grow and yet windies turn up and do one here and one there. I suspect that like me their previous customers moved in and kept them on but most do not have a window cleaner.
It's a game of three halves!

deeege

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2016, 10:21:55 am »
We do the initial builders clean and sparkle clean on a big 1200 site near us, I know when every person moves in down to the hour. Not interested though.

There's 2 local window cleaners that are battling over picking up every customer. They both park up on site on Friday mornings to see which plots are being moved into. Unbelievably desperate.

I've been asked loads of times to start cleaning on this site but I'm not interested in matching their prices of £8 for a 4 bed detached. These are £400,000 houses too.

Also they both are always giving the sales girl bottles of wine/vodka even though she has no influence on the customer whatsoever!  ;D

I think I know what site you mean Danny! Chapelford by any chance?I canvassed on there a while back and guys were charging £8 for  4-5 bedders with 3 storey windows they thought I was ripping them off at £25! ::)roll

That's the one Daz, although we do showhomes on a couple of sites where the above is also true.

Was asked last week if I was interested in taking on a 3 story town house because the trad cleaner keeps missing Windows, I'd have to match his price though..........£7.50. No thanks.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dave f

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2016, 11:58:10 am »
ive found totally the opposite I do a new estate  near me from day one and I have no problem at all. all pay on time more or less the estate is a bout 18 months old  there are more younger ones than older owners  so far so good

Smurf

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2016, 03:44:38 pm »
What does my head in the most with what I call "toy town" estates is the width of the roads, parking and access issues.

capn sparkle

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2016, 06:55:46 pm »
Hi guys, just wondering the best way to claim a new estate that's been built next to our work before anyone else gets in.. I know it's a free country but I want em lol

Email me a phone no. Dave66  90% of my work is on new build estates (not builders cleans) might even have some letters that will help that I could send you. capnsparkle@hotmail.co.uk Apparently most above ^^^ don't rate them but wouldn't have my nice compact round without 'em.

Regards
Glenn

steve a

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2016, 07:42:59 pm »
In the past i have offer the sales person a bottle of wine .If they put me forward as the local window cleaner.This method has worked well on 3 new estates over the last 16 years.

Nice idea but what happens if they don't drink?  ;D

steve a

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2016, 07:43:39 pm »
you could try sh*ggin em