Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Marc Stock

Re: Internet non payers is it me?
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2016, 10:11:10 am »
Dear customer.

Please remember to settle your window cleaning bill as its now overdue for payment. You can pay via BACS as detailed on your bill, or alternatively you can set up a direct debit for added convenience, just email ×××× to set up this facility.

This is mine, often they just forget and after a few reminders they go dd anyway.

Stoots

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2016, 11:26:57 am »
Just choose a system and stick to it.

Mine is this

Post slip saying payment within 3 days

On the 4th day send a reminder

Few days later send another

Couple of days later send another

Everday send another

Try to catch them in for 2nd clean

If no contact or response after this send a letter threatening small claims and dump

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2016, 05:52:54 pm »
Just choose a system and stick to it.

Mine is this

Post slip saying payment within 3 days

On the 4th day send a reminder

Few days later send another

Couple of days later send another

Everday send another

Try to catch them in for 2nd clean

If no contact or response after this send a letter threatening small claims and dump

it all sounds a bit desperate that mate for me.lots of customers get paid monthly or go on holiday a few times a year.as long as i get most of my money in within a month im ok with that.
price higher/work harder!

Blackadder

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2016, 06:04:40 pm »
I only give them three days and then I send a text saying
Hi......
Could I please remind you about payment for windows cleaned three days ago, many thanks.

Like said above, 99 times out of a 100 have just forgotten and pay sharpish then.

Then the real stragglers get another text 3 days later. It generally never goes further than that.

capn sparkle

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2016, 11:26:52 pm »
I give my on-line customers 14 days then:

Afternoon "insert customers name", if you get a chance could you process a payment for your last window clean - "insert day n date" thanks in  advance, Glenn.

Just polite enough without being too annoying and most apologise for forgetting or text that payment has been made now.

Same generic text to everyone just forwarded with the name and date changed. 80% on-line payers but still the same old 10% who need reminders.

I record payment dates and payment text reminders on each individual customers account so building up a history of slow payers (comes in real handy during the annual customer cull).

NWH

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2016, 03:44:18 pm »
Always get a mobile number so you can remind them after a few days,give them a just a reminder from the window cleaner just making sure you got my ticket-invoice they know what you mean when you text them,it's a polite way of saying please pay me.

Og

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2016, 07:46:35 pm »
Give them two months then knock on the door. So far so good.