Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

d s windowcleaning

tds won't go below 27
« on: March 04, 2016, 02:20:28 pm »
Looking for a  few ideas as to why tds won't drop below 27
I set up a new 200 gpd ro at the weekend and tds won't drop below 27 ,  everything is brand new and fitted correctly,  I added a di pod yesterday with fresh resin and tds as only gone to 16 .
Tap tds is 292 . Don't understand why it won't drop any ideas what could be the cause of this.
I've set up loads of these ro units but never had this problem before.
where theres muck theres money

Matt.

Re: tds won't go below 27
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 02:44:34 pm »
That's just on 90% which isn't to bad,

I am still using the Merlin's and there is some jobs I connect up to where it will give me 008 and other that give me anything upto 101 on one job ( which I definatley didn't bother with ) I will accept upto 030 normally or maybe 040 if am desperate, this all before di

As I have found out it all depends on tap pressure as well as tap tds levels,  I had a job were I checked tds one minute and it was ok and another it was a lot higher, this was down to others using taps inside that ran off the same supply. I was puddled at first what was happening but the pressure kept dropping which affected the RO's

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 06:35:27 pm »
So I'm looking at it maybe being a pressure problem
where theres muck theres money

Matt.

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 08:18:50 pm »
I don't use a booster pump I just connect up to taps so I guess that why I get such a variation in tds levels. If you have set up all correct and everything else seems fine, it's a possibility.

But I would be happy with 27 from the RO given it's nearly 300 to start with, as for why the di isn't getting it down to 0 I don't know.

I changed my resin last week and ran water through it that was 53 from a tap, no RO I was in a rush and ran this through the di back into tank, it took a good 5-8 mins before the tds level changed from 53 but wen it changed it went rite to 0

At first I was thinking av I got got a dodgy bag of resin  but all good