Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

These windows
« on: February 17, 2016, 08:01:30 am »

These windows are quite delicate, I know the picture is rubbish ( and I'm not sure what you call the style!) the look very old, delicate and are wooden framed, single pane I think . Would you say I clean them with a brush suitable for leaded windows and just lightly clean them , they've got double glazing at the back so not a problem there... Cheers

dazmond

Re: These windows
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 08:19:04 am »
georgian windows!flocked brush i reckon.rinse off and make sure you scrub them frames properly on a first clean! ;D
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 08:38:44 am »
Ha your right daz - Georgian windows! the frames are mingin though with paint coming off , look really old, I'm scared of breakin them!

supernova77

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 08:47:24 am »
Did you use a Nokia 3210 to take the picture?

:)

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 09:39:51 am »
Lmao I used to love my 3210! I actually took a picture from right move website  ;D

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 10:37:40 am »
To be honest in my experience those sort of frames are never maintained well so scrubbing em never a good idea, I used to trad them, but I'm lazy now so wfp. Soft flocked brush as Daz mentioned, go lightly and I use fan jets on a high flow. If minging I will use a diluted cleaner in a spray bottle and apply that first.

Smurf

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 11:15:46 am »
I have a rule that I don’t take on rotten wooden frames with paint coming off myself as are just too much hassle

SeanK

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 11:20:34 am »
Very hard to get a decent clean with frames like that using wfp, either trad them or leave well alone.

dave f

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 07:50:59 pm »
check the paint work run your finger down the paint work if it comes off leave well alone if you wfp them it will look like some ones chucked a bucket of milk over them.

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 08:05:03 pm »
Il give it a try Dave 👍 , thing is, it looks like a pretty decent job, the rest of the house is double glazed and a nice glass balcony at the back, I ask him if he's changing the front windows and he said not at the minute... Iv priced it well enough though , so il see how we get on! 👍

dave f

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 03:28:42 pm »
also male sure they don't leak I do  a  georgan bay it leaks like a sive I told the old boy but he said he aint botherd just carry on. its also rotten