Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: Back Packs
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2016, 07:40:41 pm »
i have the gardiners v2 backpack(previous version)and its a good piece of kit to have along with a little fold away trolley and a bungee strap.

handy for a few awkward window cleaning  jobs.

applying virosol to large upper f/s/g jobs.

comes in handy as an emergency back up system with 4 barrels if my vans off the road(i use my car if van is in the garage or whatever)

i also switch to using around 30m of pole hose on my pole if using it all day then you can leave it in one place for longer. ;)
price higher/work harder!

VERNE

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2016, 07:47:08 pm »
Gardiner back pack is the kiddie runs all day on a charge i use mine on a sack truck i got for  £14.99from Aldi

Bungle

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2016, 11:02:14 pm »
I only use a back pack and barrels and have done so for the last 5 years...I have no problems working
this way, if you are not used to manual handling or have any physical problems it may not be advisable
For me window cleaning is the easiest work I have ever done.

Does it carry 6 litres of water  ;D
We look at them, they look through them.

simonr

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2016, 08:16:40 am »
I only use a back pack and barrels and have done so for the last 5 years...I have no problems working
this way, if you are not used to manual handling or have any physical problems it may not be advisable

i thought walking round wearing a backpack all day & humping 25ltr cannisters was dead easy when i started,  and i used a brodex alloy 31ft
  i say its hard work now cos i'm comparing it to using a van mount,

gary999

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2016, 06:35:09 pm »

i thought walking round wearing a backpack all day & humping 25ltr cannisters was dead easy when i started,  and i used a brodex alloy 31ft
  i say its hard work now cos i'm comparing it to using a van mount,
Wearing a back is just silly, pick up put down or stick on trolley, I used a vqnmount for a while
all that hose and snagging drove me mad...went back to a pack

simonr

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2016, 06:58:09 pm »

Wearing a back is just silly, pick up put down or stick on trolley, I used a vqnmount for a while
all that hose and snagging drove me mad...went back to a pack
[/quote]

with hindsight it is, but at the time it felt easy,  after i got a van i shifted it onto a sacktruck which was ok but not good on my bad wrists, the van mount is bliss  & i use those slip n slide hose guides so i hardly ever get snags & in 7/8 months ive only gone though 1 bit of dog muck, which was my main fear about a van mount

kempy

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2016, 07:08:11 pm »
Van mount is best and my only way atm , and I'll probably stick with just that .
But once I've bought other stuff then I'll get a back pack