Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Do Gardiners use Pigeons?
« on: February 05, 2016, 02:38:16 pm »
How can I order new taps yesterday lunchtime and get them lunchtime today - it's impossible surely?

wfp master

Re: Do Gardiners use Pigeons?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 02:54:34 pm »
How can I order new taps yesterday lunchtime and get them lunchtime today - it's impossible surely?
next day deliver.?

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 03:07:04 pm »
U really do crack me up Dave, Gotta say ur posts really do make me chuckle 😃😂

Walter Mitty

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 06:45:27 pm »

To crap on the windows I've just cleaned?

ChumBucket

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 07:04:27 pm »

I could bike it between yours and Gardiners. What is impressive though is next day from them to me, Cornwall to Scotland! ;D

DeLuce

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 10:37:40 pm »
Aye, an amazing service.
I live on a country lane, nothing fancy, but your normal everyday delivery man doesn't seem capable of finding it. Oh, and then there is FedEx! Always there bang on time.
 Gardiners sent some items by another service on a couple of occasions and there usual reliable next day service was interrupted. Now they send by FedEx again. Quality.
By the way, just bought an Xtreme 18' extension (22') for £35  :o. (£69 off) Bargain.  ;D

ben M

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 11:05:59 pm »
yes gold pigeons....

Walter Mitty

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 12:37:14 pm »
Not just Gardiners, but I think a lot of companies are missing a trick by not using the holding services of companies like Argos.  The number of one-person households has escalated down the years - many in flats that are difficult for couriers to access.  It would be just great to be able to collect my window cleaning delivery from Argos at my leisure instead of paying a load extra for a pre-10am delivery or lose money through waiting in.
When I needed to buy a spare wheel from ebay, I just ordered it and collected from Argos a few days later.

I would be happy to pay a bit extra for such a service too.

ChumBucket

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 01:02:54 pm »
Not just Gardiners, but I think a lot of companies are missing a trick by not using the holding services of companies like Argos.  The number of one-person households has escalated down the years - many in flats that are difficult for couriers to access.  It would be just great to be able to collect my window cleaning delivery from Argos at my leisure instead of paying a load extra for a pre-10am delivery or lose money through waiting in.
When I needed to buy a spare wheel from ebay, I just ordered it and collected from Argos a few days later.

I can see how that would work for some people, why don't you suggest it them?

rosskesava

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 01:55:51 pm »
One morning there was a knock at the door. It was a Fed Ex driver with a parcel for me.

Later that day I ordered some bits from Gardiners and realised what I ordered had in fact already arrived that morning.

Now that is what I call real service. Getting the stuff before I order it. Amazing.

Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 02:02:14 pm »

I just filled in the form on their website and asked for such a service to be considered - if practical.
The worst that can happen is 'no.' :)

SeanK

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 02:29:29 pm »

I just filled in the form on their website and asked for such a service to be considered - if practical.

I wonder is there a decent business idea for somebody in there, I mean any local shop could do that it wouldn't cost any
extra and would bring in some trade plus the charge for storing the parcels.
I just wonder could somebody with a garage and a handy reached address in a particular area make a few quid from something
like that.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2016, 02:57:58 pm »

I wonder is there a decent business idea for somebody in there, I mean any local shop could do that it wouldn't cost any
extra and would bring in some trade plus the charge for storing the parcels.
I just wonder could somebody with a garage and a handy reached address in a particular area make a few quid from something
like that.
I imagine that it would need to be combined with a pre-existing business.  Something like that as a standaone would attract administration, insurance requirements, and all the other bits and bobs needed to run a business.  I'm guessing that the lowish volume would make it unviable.
Companies like Amazon have been doing it for years, but only for their own products bought direct .  These are usually books, so the small size of the packages makes it more practical.  Also, some companies on ebay do this.  I have collected both books and work boots from local shops after ordering online, but the larger parcels require a place like Argos as there is a size limit.

Plankton

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 09:25:36 pm »
There's a lot of shops, fuel stations etc around that offer this service already. ???

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2016, 02:42:50 pm »
So this isn't really anything to do with Gardiners ? - more the courier firm they use.
And to get "free" next day delivery you have to spend in excess of £50, its a service I have come to expect from quality online companies.
There is an online warehouse for guitars and amps at the top of my street. They use Fedex couriers. They have at least two collections from 2 vans a day, you can almost set your watch by them.
Many online stores guarantee a next day delivery / same day dispatch if ordered and paid for by 2 pm, so it comes as no surprise to me really. You are getting what you have paid for.

rosskesava

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2016, 12:29:23 am »
Next day delivery is nothing new.

Red Star before BR was cut up and privatised offered exactly the same.

Somehow now though, we think it wonderfull when it's not exactly rocket science.

Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

duncan h

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2016, 01:04:39 pm »
Aye, an amazing service.
I live on a country lane, nothing fancy, but your normal everyday delivery man doesn't seem capable of finding it. Oh, and then there is FedEx! Always there bang on time.
 Gardiners sent some items by another service on a couple of occasions and there usual reliable next day service was interrupted. Now they send by FedEx again. Quality.
By the way, just bought an Xtreme 18' extension (22') for £35  :o. (£69 off) Bargain.  ;D
I got a self employed driver who left my pole up the drive. Wasn't there when I got home. After a bit of messing about, gardiner said they would send another one. About 2or3 pm. Got it next day before dinner time (Sat) It takes me 6 hours to drive from Cornwall. He didn't dump the next pole up the drive :) Had no problems with the last company they used