Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

KS Cleaning

Re: Toyota pro ace
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2016, 09:32:18 pm »
Ah! Pre-registered. Sounds good.
so without sounding thick here is there any difference in pre registered to say buying brand new or what is the difference if any, thanks.
You will be the second owner of the van when buying pre-registered, think the garage has to own them for three months or so before they can sell them?

Scrimble

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2016, 09:35:06 pm »
the vans are delivery mile so will have a couple of miles on the clock i.e 0-10

nit pick it all you want they are brand new vans,

p1w1

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2016, 09:35:50 pm »
so without sounding thick here is there any difference in pre registered to say buying brand new or what is the difference if any,
You will be the second owner of the van when buying pre-registered, think the garage has to own them for three months or so before they can sell them?
cheers KS
Mr T do you get the warrenty etc handed over to you ? sounds like a really good deal as the reviews look pretty good

Spruce

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2016, 09:37:39 pm »
so without sounding thick here is there any difference in pre registered to say buying brand new or what is the difference if any, thanks.

A preregistered vehicle can either be registered in the dealership's name or Toyota's name.  They will then be treated as sales to boost annual figures.

As a buyer you get the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty and you become the second owner on the vehicles log book.  So although prereg sounds better, you are actually buying a used or second hand vehicle. The manufacturer's warranty starts the day the vehicle is registered, so if they are a September reg 2015 the you will have the fully warranty less 6 months. Your van will also be a year old.

Prices on prereg vehicles are usually very good as they were probably used to achieve sales targets. Achieving annual sales targets on sales brings in big bonuses.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

p1w1

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2016, 09:42:46 pm »
must admit it looks a  tempting offer and overall the reviews look fairly positive  however i haven't seen many on the road. Although i'm not desperate for a new van i would like to increase my tank size plus it having 3 seats is a big bonus for me now with the kids, but getting a decent/new van with a big payload there isn't a great deal of choice without looking at paying a lot more.

Spruce

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2016, 09:53:28 pm »
also cambelt changes arnt cheep from wat ive hurd £500 ? the belts can snap way b 4 there due but if memery surves me rite it was caused buy colent leaking on the belt from some were spruce may no more about them

The 2.0 hdi engine is still my favourite.

I would be very cautious about buying a 1.6 Hdi as you can never be certain about the service history - has the right oil been used and has it be drained according to PSA guidelines.

This is worth a read;

http://www.turbodynamics.co.uk/technical/understanding-turbochargers/critical-instructions-psa-16-hdi-turbochargers/

this is a link in the article

http://www.assuredperformance.ie/assets/images/presentation-1.6-hdi-carbo-issues.pdf

Spruce

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2016, 10:03:44 pm »
must admit it looks a  tempting offer and overall the reviews look fairly positive  however i haven't seen many on the road. Although i'm not desperate for a new van i would like to increase my tank size plus it having 3 seats is a big bonus for me now with the kids, but getting a decent/new van with a big payload there isn't a great deal of choice without looking at paying a lot more.

There are lots on the road, just not Toyotas.

The reason why Toyota had to discontinue the Hiace was due to new eu emissions regulations. The old Toyota diesel didn't cut it anymore in the same way as the PSA 1.9 diesel engine didn't cut it anymore either. So they are consigned to the history books.

As it was too expensive for Toyota to build a new engine that would meet euro emissions, so it was cheaper to get into bed with the PSA group.

After all Toyota have their Aygo built in the same PSA factory as the Citroen C1 and Peugeot 107/108 in the Czech Republic. The Aygo is essentially a PSA vehicle with a couple of cosmetic changes. So having a rebadged van is not new to Toyota.

Bill Troop

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2016, 10:13:01 pm »
I have the Scudo version , so far could not be bettered, same engine (1.6  ) as my Berlingo.

Seems to run forever on a tank of fuel.
All the space anyone could need for wfp.