Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

giftedk

gutter vac
« on: February 07, 2016, 12:43:15 am »
Hi all, am looking to invest in a gutter vac as have a bit of interest from customers. Just wonderd what's a good One to go for at a reasonable price, and how Much to charge when pricing up a job ?
Any help greatly appreciated

Re: gutter vac
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 07:38:12 am »
What area are you in? I think that affects your pricing.
What do you charge for doing it on a ladder at the minute?

smearo

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 08:07:56 am »
I'm interested to and swaying towards the sky vac atom does anyone have any guidance on this model
Also interested to know people's views on gutter cams ? What's the cheapest but still a good tool to work with ??

chris turner

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 10:33:57 am »
I don't think the atom is powerful enough for big jobs.
This is the one iv just bought, which has alot of bang the buck..
http://www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk/3000carbonfibrekits.html

There's guys on here who use the fake version of the sj4000 WiFi camara from ebay. Can be bought for around 40 bean and supposedly works just as well as a go pro.

Mike55

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 10:39:01 am »
Do the sj4000 WiFi camera's work in real time (as in you can see what you're doing real time) or does it record and then watch back?

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 10:40:29 am »
What do you mean by a good one at "reasonable" cost ? - you get what you pay for, personally if you want cheap then just go and buy a wet/dry vac of better quality than that offered by "gutter clearing" companies and source the carbon poles ( defo bypass Ali ones ) as they seem to just throw a vac and pole set together, better makes have at least modified the inlet port.

What are you clearing, if it's houses and you don't mind going up to clear heavy blockages and downpipes by hand then any old vac should do, but for heavy deposits, 3 storey, commercial you need better equipment we've had an omnivac over six years and it has only now blown a third motor ( we clear on average 4 properties a week ) so quality of the vac is also important.

Gutter cams - those sold by "gutter vac manufacturers" are usually very overpriced, have a GoPro for vanity - sjcam are ideal at around £50 but even cheaper are little bird box cameras and receivers ( from around £25 ) when I started GoPro etc, didn't exist so I used the bird box camara setup works a treat, but when you've done a few gutters you get a feel for how empty they are, I use the camera maybe 1 in 50 jobs - I'd rather have a really good range of nozzles that fit into some of these weird places and angles.

Pricing is upto you we charge 2x our Reg. Cleaning rate a four bed detached usually takes around 35 mins from arrival to leaving but we work as a 2 man team.
Single runs take around 10 mins as a pair but upto 25 mins as a single operator generally speaking, lots of variables, access, type of gutter, Sky to cables, etc...

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Smurf

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 12:03:46 pm »
Do the sj4000 WiFi camera's work in real time (as in you can see what you're doing real time) or does it record and then watch back?

Yes you can see what you are doing in real time when the camera wifi is turned on and connected directly via the smart phone app.
When we say real time there is a very slight delay (milliseconds) as with all wifi type cameras. Using the smart phone app you are also able to take vids and still images if you want whilst viewing in real time too.

Whatever type of action camera you decide to use best get yourself extra batteries that will fit that particular camera also a mains fast charger as when wifi is enabled they all eat battery life. That way you can swap the battery over quickly when required.

Myself at the time when I needed a new guttercam I paid about £450 for a gopro with all the extras I wanted including an lcd touch screen bacpac, spare batteries etc.  Has outlasted all the other cameras I've had over the years and has taken loads of abuse.

Smurf

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 02:02:28 pm »
Pricewise to check/clear blocked guttering & downspouts what you charge is really down to you as no job is ever the same.

Most able body people do not like using ladders let alone working at roofline height as can be down right dangerous and scarey. Yet you will find many still don't want to pay much even though the risk involved because they have been price conditioned over the years and think a trad window cleaner will do it for next to bugger all which they often still do for a bit of extra pocket money.

Don't expect every job you quote on you will be able just to use a guttervac either as ladders/suitable access equipment are still required on some jobs too.

With regards to which guttervac then that all depends on your budget I suppose but small underpowered vacs I think are a waste of time if you ask me.

smearo

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 02:12:54 pm »
Are the sj cams easy to attach to  the carbon section ??

Plankton

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 09:05:11 pm »
I would advise getting a vac with a large inlet unless you know where to order a larger inlet you'll find yourself modifying it.