Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

8weekly

Re: Who says you need to earn £300 a day to earns good living....
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2016, 09:28:59 am »
I'm still waiting for these easy to do houses all together on one street and all in a row and seemingly such jobs, they happen to some day after day and week after week. Must be great to have that type of work all the time.

I must be doing something wrong.

I have one cul de sac where I do a pile together and that's it.

Ive sold all of my work like that, used to bore the tits off me. I much prefer the larger, out of town properties. My average job price is £45.00. Screw sitting in a cup-de-sac all day long, does my nut.
I must admit I hate the compact work. It's very boring. I'm not keen on very large properties eith tbh as I find them a bit boring. I actually like one offs in general, but I mostly turn them down at the moment. I have a new development of townhouse I like though. I've about 20 and they are all 20-£25 each. I can do the lot in a long morning. Total doddle and pretty easy work.

Smurf

« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2016, 09:40:51 am »
I suppose the best way of thinking no matter what part of the country you are is to look at ways to try gross as much as you can in the least possible time and effort.

NWH

« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2016, 10:22:27 am »
Yer but no but where I live they don't make houses in cold dee sacks they only make massive houseswhere really rich people live and pay me loads of money I wouldn't clean council houses like what you saddos clean cos I'm far superior than you lot and I like to tell everyone on ere how brilliant I am yer but no but I got free brushes too lol so stick that down your toilet yer? What I'm saying is I earn loads of money and clean conservatories for free dont start me on tax I pay so much tax lol.
Dave you are envious of others arnt you lol,and by looking at the above post I have to ask have you been following me round on my working day.

NWH

« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2016, 10:23:33 am »
I can't keep coming on here during working hours I've got a load of 2 up 2 downers to clean 😂😂😂😂😂

Smurf

« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2016, 11:08:31 am »
I can't keep coming on here during working hours I've got a load of 2 up 2 downers to clean

I'm having today off as earnt far too much yesturday so don't want to be accused as being too greedy  ;D

NWH

« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2016, 11:25:51 am »
He loves me so much he remembers everything I've said in the past,I don't mind Dave it's better to be remembered for something than to never be remembered at all. 😉

SeanK

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2016, 11:47:32 am »
I can't keep coming on here during working hours I've got a load of 2 up 2 downers to clean

I'm having today off as earnt far too much yesturday so don't want to be accused as being too greedy  ;D

Working Easter Tuesday you need to up your prices mate, I have a few jobs on Friday that I cant get out of as they are pre arranged interior cleans, only for that I would have took the week off.

Dave Willis

« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2016, 11:59:50 am »
I come on here for a laugh pure and simple. There's no end of funny posts I love it.  :D :) lol toilet pictures, rolly eyes and turds give us some more!

Stoots

« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2016, 12:10:31 pm »
I suppose the best way of thinking no matter what part of the country you are is to look at ways to try gross as much as you can in the least possible time and effort.

This.

Aim to be as expensive as your market allows whether that's 12 quid semis or 30 quid semis

« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2016, 12:27:55 pm »
Same , up here in Glasgow, average is a fiver a house.
Can't really charge more than that, but seems as though you lot are living in a different planet charging them prices.

Have you actually tried saying £6? when I first started , every windy near me was charging £5 , I thought it was too cheap so I thought il try my look with £6 ... Everyone took it , then the next lot I said £7 and after that I just priced it at whatever I thought it was worth for my time .
I didn't start this thread to brag or put people down, I just think a lot of windys these days should be charging a lot more. I know people who went from trad to wfp and kept their prices the same, which to me doesn't make sense as they now have more expenses ( compared to carrying a ladder and a dirty cloth) .

NWH

« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2016, 02:43:11 pm »
Some people have actually started pricing houses cheaper than they did traditional because it takes less time,prime example of pricing it on time and not the job in hand that's a slippery slope I wouldn't get into, like I've said I can clean loads of Windows in an hour I price what I want for doing that particular job not the fact it might only take me half an hour or so.

dazmond

« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2016, 07:21:49 pm »
whether im on estate work for 3 or 4 days or cleaning clusters of work or stand alones here and there.its all window cleaning.makes no difference to me.

the very compact work i tend to get a few more brews and more payments in cash/cheque there and then.also ive known lots of my customers for a long time.some have been with me for 23+ years!a bit of banter and a little chat helps the day along. :)

im very fortunate.i work mostly in really nice semi rural/leafy suburb areas and most of the time its a very peaceful and chilled working environment with farmers fields nearby and gorgeous views. :)

price higher/work harder!

Smurf

« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2016, 08:18:35 pm »
whether im on estate work for 3 or 4 days or cleaning clusters of work or stand alones here and there.its all window cleaning.makes no difference to me.

the very compact work i tend to get a few more brews and more payments in cash/cheque there and then.also ive known lots of my customers for a long time.some have been with me for 23+ years!a bit of banter and a little chat helps the day along. :)

im very fortunate.i work mostly in really nice semi rural/leafy suburb areas and most of the time its a very peaceful and chilled working environment with farmers fields nearby and gorgeous views. :)

Sound idyllic to me  ;)

CleanClear

« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2016, 08:50:42 pm »
Works in liverpool L19 not far from South Park train station and all house are more or less next to each other plus there is a lot more houses to canvass I have built this up by people only asking never knocked on doors so loads more work to get

36 house x £5.00 =£180
  4 house x £7.50  =£  30
  1  house x £8.00 =£    8
  1  house x £10.00=£ 10
  2 house x £3.00 = £  6   

Total £234 ever 4 weeks

This take me and one lad a full day or sometimes I do it over 2 half days on my own each house has 3 Windows and a door on front and 3 Windows and Pato door back there is a lot of house but you can do all the front window going over all the gardens as there is no walls or fences and when doing the back Windows you go down one entry to do two houses backs  on two of the house I do a quick wipe on the coney roofs but it's up to you if you like to do this to sensible offers  no time wastes email me on.....

I work in Liverpool, and i work in L19. I've never come across anyone so cheap, and i've seen plenty of cheap cleaners. As others say, each to their own, i can't personally think of anyone i know including myself that would take that work off him even for free. But maybe thats why its for sale as i don't think the guy is packing up and ceasing trading? Might be a good start for someone , not for me to judge.
  I's say an average/usual price here for a front is a fiver and no matter how compact it is.............ah sod it !!!!
  Good luck with that as they say !!!!     ;D
*Status*--------Currently Online---------