Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

can u speed up Ro?
« on: February 07, 2016, 11:01:35 pm »
I purchased a 500ltr DIY Waterfed system from purefreedom.com.  thankfully upgraded the brushes to carbon and replaced the brushes from gardiner. This was july of last yr. Trad for 14yrs before.
I have a 450 gpd RO. I dont have garden space to run into spare tank n transfer into van as n when.  So I opted for 500ltr tank n top it up each night till morning. However if I use all water n need to do a full refull. It can take most of wknd n van parked up. Is there any modifications I canmake to increase flow. Its hard water. Tap about 260, when thru RO, its down to 009, so really pleased before it hits Di. Just wondered if restrictors can be changed or the piping??
Help from you experienced guys would be great on this
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

kempy

Re: can u speed up Ro?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 11:40:32 pm »
I use a booster pump

8weekly

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 04:31:48 am »
I think in that situation I would either want a bigger tank in the van so I didn't run out or else a faster RO, a Merlin or 4040.  Or ideally a larger tank AND a faster RO. A booster pump would help, but it's still not going to be super quick through a 450gpd.

Spruce

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 10:05:19 am »
Most systems use a 4040 in the van as it produces water fast.

A small r/o like yours is fine if you have an IBC tank in a garage that you can leave to work during the day, but when you want a fast fill then its not up to the job.

If you do fit a 4040 then you will also need a 12v solenoid valve (Normally off) and a float switch so you don't overfill the van tank. All it needs to be is a bare bones unit. Ask P/Freedom. The one they have listed on their site also has a fancy controller so is more expensive.

If your 4040 r/o produces water like mine does at 2 liters per minute, you will fill a 500 liter tank in four hours. My water pressure is 50 psi and I use 20" prefilters (1 sediment and 1 fiberdyne carbon block). I also chose a HF5 membrane. P/F seem to sell the HF4 as the preferred choice.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Matt.

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 01:46:18 pm »
Well the 4040 is twice as fast as the Merlin. At very best I get 1 litre per minute, sometimes have to run 2 Merlin's or even just di some days depending on tap tds.

You could pick up some barrells for the days when you know you will need extra.

8weekly

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 03:47:03 pm »
Well the 4040 is twice as fast as the Merlin. At very best I get 1 litre per minute, sometimes have to run 2 Merlin's or even just di some days depending on tap tds.

You could pick up some barrells for the days when you know you will need extra.
I didn't realise there was much difference. Mine is quick with a Clarkes pump. I've never measured it mind.