Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jo5hm4n

Is their much profit in WC Online Retail?
« on: January 14, 2016, 04:23:44 pm »
Just had a thought, thinking more towards the companies in the uk selling Trad window cleaning supplies, do you think their is much of a markup or profit to be made?  Originally i thought not, but through one of the suppliers i use, i notice in less than a month they had obviously gone through about 1000 invoices, which must mean there is clearly lots of business to be had and potential profit.

Random topic i know, but considering i used to be in online retail i just wondered if their was much of a market/profit for it.

Smurf

Re: Is their much profit in WC Online Retail?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 12:39:48 am »
I have no idea but your best bet is to do a lot of research first before taking the plunge.

Matt.

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 08:44:08 am »
It's also getting your stock from suppliers at a decent price so u can sell on and still be competitive

dave f

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 03:51:58 pm »
are you thinking of a internet shop?? or opening a normal shop

jo5hm4n

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 06:14:50 pm »
I wasn't thinking of doing this myself was just interested in the topic thats all.  If i was to do it, i would run a online only shop though with very little outlay.  That way, keep the prices low, keep the margins low, but easier to make a business like that succeed and produce repeat business and high turnover.

Knocker

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 06:18:43 pm »
Some people say you can make £15 per hour