Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jimlaffo

Work boots (again!)
« on: January 15, 2016, 06:10:57 pm »
Sorry to go over old ground but I'm still struggling to find some decent work footwear!
I was using some Gelert waterproof boots up until a few weeks ago, now I'm back on some standard trainers. The Gelerts looked decent and were waterproof enough but they gave me sores/ calluses on my feet so had to go back to trainers, but trainers are no good for this cold wet weather!
I'm thinking of getting some Karrimor boots, are they significantly better than Gelerts? Are they comfy? If anyone can recommend anything else then I'm welcome to suggestions  :)
Cheers!

ChumBucket

Re: Work boots (again!)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 06:23:26 pm »
Last winter I used Engelbert Strauss boots, they were ok and lasted a full season. Last Autumn I couldn't decide which new boots to get for winter and so decided to get some cheapo ones 'till I had made my mind up on the more expensive ones. Anyhow, to my complete surprise these cheapos have been brilliant and are still completely waterproof. They were only £22 from sports direct and are just basic Dunlop safety boots!! No one more surprised than me by this!

p1w1

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 07:07:46 pm »
These are by far the best boots ive ever used , think ive had them about a year and a half now and there still very comfy and completely waterproof (I just stick dubbing on them in the winter months, you can also get new insoles for the for a fiver, also light. http://www.patrolstore.com/Haix-Black-Eagle-Tactical-20-Mid-Boots.html?gclid=CjwKEAiAzuK0BRCW4tiLpJT-8TISJADV8cw9x387M1B_YJQW9jJylvgcVbpul1wO1gY9B7UHIYH2yRoCTrrw_wcB

Mike #1

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 07:52:09 pm »
Merrell boots are by far the most comfortable boots i have worn you can be lucky and get some of Amazon for about £60-75 and they are usually more expensive .

I bought some Merrell moab polar boots  only worn for 4 days but so far so good good solid sole and comfy full rubber toe and lower area and heel £62.00 inc next day delivery sold by Amazon .

deeege

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 08:12:07 pm »
I just wear the karrimor boots. £34 from sports direct, needs replacing every 4-5 months but they're cheap enough to not worry about.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."