Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Positivity

Re: Shims on gardiners poles
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2016, 11:32:39 am »
"the issue I'm  having with my 7 month old slx is,after regular cleaning and looking after it,I'm finding I'm regularly  tightening the bolts to stop it rotating,this is happening on all sections,my concern is,over the next few or several months,the bolts will not be able to be tightened anymore,resulting in constant spinning,making the pole  not useable,I'm not expecting the pole to last forever it I am concerned how much I have had to tighten bolts."

The best way I have found to cure this is:
Take note of the part of the bolt that goes through the threaded barrel in the clamp lever.
Take it out.
Wrap some PTFE around the bolt on the area that goes through the barrel (making sure you wind the tape the "right" way so it doesn't bunch up when you screw it back in.
It can take a couple of goes to get just the right amount of PTFE tape on, but once done it stays locked and tight for months.
P.

colin bird

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2016, 06:10:18 pm »
"the issue I'm  having with my 7 month old slx is,after regular cleaning and looking after it,I'm finding I'm regularly  tightening the bolts to stop it rotating,this is happening on all sections,my concern is,over the next few or several months,the bolts will not be able to be tightened anymore,resulting in constant spinning,making the pole  not useable,I'm not expecting the pole to last forever it I am concerned how much I have had to tighten bolts."

The best way I have found to cure this is:
Take note of the part of the bolt that goes through the threaded barrel in the clamp lever.
Take it out.
Wrap some PTFE around the bolt on the area that goes through the barrel (making sure you wind the tape the "right" way so it doesn't bunch up when you screw it back in.
It can take a couple of goes to get just the right amount of PTFE tape on, but once done it stays locked and tight for months.
P.
[/quote thanks will give it a go

colin bird

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2016, 06:15:20 pm »
Colin, are you sure that during operation that sometimes you inadvertently turn the lever, thus undoing it a quarter of a turn ?? - since I brought mine I think Alex updated the clamp design so they don't twist undone so easy also when I do a full clean and set the clamps ready for use, quite often they need a tweak after a day of being used under "working" conditions

Darran
hi Darren  that's makes sense I think you spot on

david robertson

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2016, 07:00:32 pm »
I was having a problem with a gardiners pole working its way loose in certain sections in a pole that was only a few months old,ended up being a poor batch of the nylon locking nuts,once they were replaced pole was spot on.