Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

seanpaul

Inspection camera for gutters
« on: February 13, 2016, 07:50:12 pm »
I am in need of a new camera for gutter inspections. The camera is broke, but the monitor is fine. I bought a kit from Spinaclean, but there systems are quite pricey. Is there a camera on the market anywhere, or something  that can be linked up to my smartphone?
Has to be wireless as it it used at height
Any help would be grateful!!

Sean

sunshine windows

Re: Inspection camera for gutters
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 08:10:28 am »
SJ4000 with wifi or similar. Search it on here and take a look on eBay. Took mine skiing last week, great footage
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

SB Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 08:15:36 am »
I'm selling one on ebay...grab yourself a bargain  ;)
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=141897959159&alt=web

seanpaul

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 09:27:18 am »
Can this camera be used on site for a real time view? No router required? Would be amazing to connect straight to smart phone

SB Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 10:28:19 am »
Can this camera be used on site for a real time view? No router required? Would be amazing to connect straight to smart phone
No router required...connects to smart phone and away to go I was using it for a while for gutters but just bought a go pro 4 black off my brother cheaply so that's why I'm selling...All you need is a roll bar mount to attach the camera to.. I have a spare one if you win the bid ;)

timglaze

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 06:41:07 pm »
I'll second the sj4000 wifi. Quality budget camera with real time viewing on smartphone. Buying additional batteries is recommended, I bought a pack of 2 with a charging unit for about 7 or 8 quid, have them sat in the van charging all the time.

seanpaul

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 08:24:13 pm »
What sort of range can you get between camera and device? Some gutters can be third storey or higher.

Smurf

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 09:10:19 pm »
Range wise myself I've had no problem with real time viewing etc using a gopro connected to a smart phone on 3-4 storey jobs. That’s apart from losing signal when the gopro battery or phone battery goes flat as it’s obviously not going to work then. Whatever make camera and phone you decide to use it's best to carry spare batteries and chargers in the van too so downtime is minimised

I can't say for the cheaper type sj4000 action cams as I not tried them yet but I'm sure they would work just as well.

Plankton

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 12:36:22 am »
It's via WiFi so there's no data charge etc. Android or IOS phones will have a good range of apps available that you'll need to install on your phone. Windows phones on the other hand doesn't have anything like the number of apps available. I went for a Sony which is very robust and cheaper than a Gopro.

seanpaul

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 09:25:25 am »
I have a Sony z3, is there a Sony camera like a go pro for real time video?

Thanks