Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jasonl

Retire a millionaire.
« on: October 03, 2015, 08:43:08 am »
Carrying on from the tax advice thread .

An average carpet cleaner can retire as a millionaire , with a very handsome pension pot . I know several carpet cleaners and dozens of friends who are benefitting from this .

It is kept quiet usually but it is a huge part of many business owners strategy .

A sipp pension means self invested personal pension . You decide and control where your money is invested though most people choose commercial property.

Run down property an be very cheap to buy , it is then sold to your pension pot and your business rents it from your pension fund meaning your business gets tax relief for the rent , which then adds to your fund .

Plots of land and commercial property at low costs is available in any town in the uk you just have to look for it .
Over a few years increased property values and rent received along with tax relief adds up to a tidy sum .

http://www.which.co.uk/money/retirement/guides/introduction-to-personal-pensions/self-invested-personal-pensions-explained/
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Ian Gourlay

Re: Retire a millionaire.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 09:03:24 pm »
i am trying to figure away to get cash out of my personal pennsionwithoutpaying tax for a investment property to be my pennsion without paying tax , but also if you put cash in get extra tax how long does it have to stay in  or would it be better to do above but how long before i can buy the properties

jasonl

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 08:55:30 am »
Ian a sipp can only be used for commercial property now .

Any pensions adviser can arrange it all the cost is up to 2% of the fund value then I pay .8% a year to manage it . 
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Jonathan Evans

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 09:34:58 am »
Hi Jason would a holiday let ie a cottage let for holidays be considered commercial?

jasonl

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 10:05:51 am »
I think so so long as it is furnished , you would need advice though
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Jonathan Evans

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 11:02:52 am »
Thanks Jason got some time on my hands will look into it.

jasonl

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 11:28:00 am »
Many financial advisers will consult for free on the viability of these schemes .  For me it works out better than  just owning the property and adding rent I would have paid to earnings which I then pay tax on .

I have an allowable expense but ultimately I am still receiving that expense in my pension pot .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Ian Rochester

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 05:30:05 am »
We started a SIPP this several years ago when we purchased our workshop.  Instead of getting a mortgage to buy the property I used the capital in my private pension to fund the purchase.  Now our business pays rental directly in to my pension pot for using the property.  It's a good way to save on tax. 

jasonl

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 07:36:14 am »
As I see it when you invest in a personal pension the fund the invests in commercial property , a sipp merely does the same but with you in control .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings