Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

duncan h

insurance auto renew
« on: September 19, 2015, 12:22:54 pm »
Scamming sods. Going through book and noticed Public Liability ran out at end of last month. I did get an email from Premium Direct (dd monthly)but couldn't find anything ...DER
So I phoned them and they said it auto renewed. Only went up 50p. They said you don't get 14 days cancelation with commercial policy. I told them to cancel auto renew and send me email to confirm it. I had no renewal  notice or anything. Looked through small print and it said I had 14 days to cancel.
They asked if I had paper work through. NOTHING. Hold the line while I put you through...I waited and put phone down. SO MAD

samson

Re: insurance auto renew
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 12:55:40 pm »
Look on the positive side, if you had had an accident of some kind, at least you would have been covered !  Insurance is really important in our job, could bankrupt you if there was a misshap  ;D

duncan h

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 01:16:54 pm »
Look on the positive side, if you had had an accident of some kind, at least you would have been covered !  Insurance is really important in our job, could bankrupt you if there was a misshap  ;D
If they sent a renewal, I could have got it cheaper 

Positivity

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 08:17:21 am »
My public liability was auto renewed by Simply Business but they renew 9 days before expiry date and a  £50 increase!
This caught me out because I got quotes from the Internet and the cheapest was Simply Business £45 less than what they charged for auto renew but they renewed before I had time to cancel it.
Phoned up told them I had a cheaper quote from their company and they honoured it - refund for £45 ;D
You've got to watch auto renew, they use it to catch you out and often increase the premium.

Plankton

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 10:42:37 pm »
My Pickup insurance is due next month, it was cheap last year so I'm expecting it up.
Cheers for the warning.

duncan h

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 09:10:24 am »
Phone them and ask them to take you off auto renew. I did and got an email to confirm it

samson

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 09:15:44 am »
We pay monthly through Gleaming insurance, seem to be a good company  ;D

Mike #1

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 11:52:34 am »
A-Plan always ring me about 2 weeks before mine is up for renewal to go through details .

Simply Business

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 02:51:36 pm »
My public liability was auto renewed by Simply Business but they renew 9 days before expiry date and a  £50 increase!
This caught me out because I got quotes from the Internet and the cheapest was Simply Business £45 less than what they charged for auto renew but they renewed before I had time to cancel it.
Phoned up told them I had a cheaper quote from their company and they honoured it - refund for £45 ;D
You've got to watch auto renew, they use it to catch you out and often increase the premium.

Hey Positivity, glad to hear it was all sorted in the end :) Just as an FYI, the reason we auto-renew is to make sure none of our customers are ever left without cover. Running a business means you have 1000 things on the brain, and forgetting your renewal date can be easily done. We do make contact beforehand with the quote beforehand.

With regards to the cheaper quote, we automatically re-enter you into a contract with the insurer you picked last time as we know you've agreed to their t's and c's and you're happy with the policy, but I appreciate people like to shop around and this is something we're currently looking into!

Hope that clears a few things up - let me know if you have any further questions :)
The UK's favourite business insurance broker  http://www.simplybusiness.co.uk/insurance/

stu_thomson

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 08:52:35 pm »
Hp stream any good?
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!