Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Deep Cleaning Solutions

Re: prowler
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2015, 11:40:59 am »
I know 2 carpet cleaners who have also gone back to portables and sold off they're truckmounts. I don't think  it's correct to assume that you can only grow by going down the truckmount route. Every business is different and can grow in different ways. Truckmounts would just not work for my business. Most of my regular commercial work has extreme high security and truckmount use would not be possible. Also on the domestic side of things about 50% of my work would be a nightmare with parking ect with a truckmount in my area so your type of work needs to come into consideration. Another thing for us is that we don't just carry out carpet cleaning so their is no way we could have a truckmount anyway because it would take up too much room for other gear. Simon is correct when he says get the biggest truckmount you can afford but think carefully before you commit because it's a lot of money you could use to grow your business marketing wise and this is only my opinion but I would only go for a truckmount if it really suited your carpet cleaning style and you are quite a mature company. I certainly would not commit to having a large finance payment unless you are a really established business.
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2015, 01:18:36 pm »
I currently have a 100 hour Prowler sat in our showroom for sale on behalf of a customer who has got out of the industry.

If you would like to discuss please give me a call. 01334656787

Its in great condition and has a few extras with it.

John Kelly

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2015, 04:39:10 pm »
That latest design makes it a doddle to maintain as well.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2015, 08:31:08 pm »
The big question isn't so much if  you're going  to get a tm, but when to get one.
You need to have built a certain amount of volume and have the ambition  to do more.
The trouble is you can't do more without the added productivity of a tm, which is what will pay for it, so there is a crossover point which requires either a leap of faith, or a decision to stick with what you have got. My first tm very nearly broke me,  because I was in that no mans land, but luckily I got a  national contract  on the back of it at around the same time, so phew!
You also  have to be totally committed to  the project and let ambition drive you forward.
Is a tm for everyone, no.

Simon

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2015, 08:51:24 pm »
Thanks Simon,titan sounds like a beast.When dual wanding,if the two wands not locked to the floor,do you not get a loss of vacuum ?

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2015, 09:11:45 pm »
Hi Brendan,
Yes, if it is for more than a few seconds. Those first few seconds don't matter if it is between passes because the line is full of water which takes a few seconds to clear before it is just air, which then affects performance.
Dualling , if not with RX20, which are permanently sealed to the carpet, requires an understanding between the two operators not to leave wands breathing for any longer than absolutely necassary. So if one needs to stop to prepay or move furniture they must seal the wand to the floor while they do it.
Hope this helps.
Simon

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2015, 09:23:36 pm »
It does Simon, thanks.