Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stuart_clark

electrical cube adapter
« on: August 12, 2015, 10:46:39 pm »
I used my storm today on a single socket as there wasn't another single socket on the job, I expected the fuse to blow any minute but it didn't ! In fact I cleaned three flights of stairs and four landing without any ill effect ! Who needs an Enforcer ? Lol

Stuart

john martin

Re: electrical cube adapter
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 11:08:50 pm »
I used my storm today on a single socket as there wasn't another single socket on the job, I expected the fuse to blow any minute but it didn't ! In fact I cleaned three flights of stairs and four landing without any ill effect ! Who needs an Enforcer ? Lol

Stuart
Or ... who needs a two cord storm with no heater   :)
Yeah , nothing will happen  , thats why i replaced the lower power vac on the enforcer , the two cords on yours keeps it legal to sell but its largely unnecessary in real use .

You still cant leave it out in the rain  :P

Robin Ray

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 11:18:52 pm »
I have been running my Airflex with two  HD Electros on one cord now for ages now with absolutly no problems........................... until this week. Monday the fuse in the plug burned out then today the replacement fuse went again. So I am thinking to convert it to run on two cords. It is very rare I have any problems with household fuses and trips though maybe one every three or four months..

The performance of the two HD Electros in parralell is very good.

john martin

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 11:52:54 pm »
I have been running my Airflex with two  HD Electros on one cord now for ages now with absolutly no problems........................... until this week. Monday the fuse in the plug burned out then today the replacement fuse went again. So I am thinking to convert it to run on two cords. It is very rare I have any problems with household fuses and trips though maybe one every three or four months..

The performance of the two HD Electros in parralell is very good.

Hmm ,  I replace my plug every couple of months .  The 13amp slow burn plug fuse will be running warm but ok . If the heat eventually damages the contact surface of the plug fuse holder . The heat will increase with resistance  and fuse will blow .
Its it possible the contacts were blackened when u put in the new plug fuse .  Its best to replace the whole plug .
Another answer would be to find or make a 15amp fuse for the plug .
Stick with it but just keep an eye on the plug or replace regularly  .

stuart_clark

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 03:32:23 pm »
John
I have a mytee turbo hot box and I use it when its needed, but I must admit its not thst often as I find using premium quality chemicals with customers hot tap water usually is sufficient

Stuart