Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Aaron stanton

Wet ash stain
« on: August 10, 2015, 05:48:31 pm »
Hi guys,

I've got a carpet to look at/clean coming up but not been round to have a look yet so don't know the fibre type as the customer doesn't, they are saying it has got a wet ash stain that they have tried to clean but it is still there and the carpet has stayed wet and smells. Is this likely to cenout and how is best to tackle it?

Any advice would be great cheers

garyhumphreys

Re: Wet ash stain
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 07:39:43 pm »
citrus gel should help if it is what it's supposed to be.

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 08:18:12 pm »
Aaron god one knows what more damage they did.
Normally I would extract it first to remove much residue is possible and any chems they had use. Then ultrapack renovate maight be a good choice.

Aaron stanton

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 09:32:04 pm »
Ok cheers guys, I will explain to them they may have damaged the carpet And I May not be able to repair the damage done and then see if they wante to go ahead with it.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 09:07:59 am »
Had a customer with this challenge yesterday next to a fire place.

He had already tried Ultrapac and F90 rinse.

The results were achieved with hot water in a spray bottle and 3-4 heavy squirt of citrus gel. Sprayed, brushed and given 15 mins before rinsing.

Aaron stanton

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 10:17:28 am »
I'm gonna go with ultrapac as I have a Prochem supplier locally, only recently started up in carpet cleaning so don't have a huge amount of products in my armoury at the moment.

garyhumphreys

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 05:46:03 pm »
If that's the case Aaron, you should choose citrus gel. You'll be able to use it on a myriad of spits and spots.
It is a prochem product.

Aaron stanton

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 08:24:26 pm »
Ok thanks guys will get some citrus gel as well

Aaron stanton

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 06:18:33 pm »
So went to the job today and used ultrapac renovate agitated and extracted. The stain is lighter and the ring around it has gone but it is still there. It's just a big brown patch on cream carpet now. The carpet was damp when I got there and the Customer had scrubbed with water then used some detol spray stuff on it. Is there anything more I can do????