Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pure water additive
« on: May 31, 2015, 05:52:57 pm »
Hi all, what's the best pure water additive and where do I buy it from? Does it make much of a difference to just using pure water?

Cheers 👍

Gerald Ash

Re: Pure water additive
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 05:57:42 pm »
Oh No! Here we go again.
 Vision. I use it and I love it. Others will agree with me, then again.
http://jigsaw-innovations.co.uk/

ChumBucket

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 06:23:46 pm »
Oh No! Here we go again.
Lol sorry if this topic has already been covered, I hear vision a lot but didn't know how much of a difference it actually makes 👍🆒

That would depend on how good/skilled you are to begin with. Me myself, I require no additives as I can easily achieve the desired results with just good old pure!! ;D

paulben

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 06:27:15 pm »
Vision very good but distilled vinegar gives same or better results and a lot cheaper 10ml per 25litres is what I am using and no smell
Do not steal the government hates competition

Rich Wilts

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 06:28:13 pm »
And then again, some are like Lemmings, they belief the hype and follow the crowd. In that case that makes them sheep ;)

We use pure unadulterated water.

duncan h

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 06:30:55 pm »
Vision very good but distilled vinegar gives same or better results and a lot cheaper 10ml per 25litres is what I am using and no smell
Hate the small of vinegar. Couldn't even put it in tank. Think it could sting when it gets in the eyes also. Anyone else tried it

paulben

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 06:33:07 pm »
Had it in eye at those quantity never noticed it yes smells when you open bottle and put it in drum

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 06:35:54 pm »
Stopped using vision now. Was gonna push me over VAT threshold.

paulben

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 07:48:01 pm »
Try this for an experiment
Add 10mls of distilled vinegar to 5 litres of water ( even better if its pure ) and with a clean applicator trad a window at home and try and see difference between this and the other product that I wont name .Soft water area's may need less vinegar .
Cost at supermarket 50p for 568 mls .
I thank the other lot for making a wonderful product but if they had not been so greedy I would not have looked for an alternative.
Have some window surround rubber and some squeegee rubber in soak in neat vinegar no damage to them so far after almost a month .

paulben

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 08:21:48 pm »
Yes use it in wfp all the time just dilute 10mls in 25 litres ( I only use backpack ).
I also did some windows inside last week . using same ratio as when using it for trad with equal amount of jiff lemon juice to cover any possible smell worked a treat

Bungle

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 09:00:53 pm »
Stopped using vision now. Was gonna push me over VAT threshold.

Keep net for Mr 23  ;D
We look at them, they look through them.

Dave Willis

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015, 09:39:28 pm »
It has been said you'll never need to work Fridays again if you use Vision. Dazmond now lives in a five star hotel and has become a tax exile last I heard.

G Griffin

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2015, 11:42:11 pm »
Vision stopped Shane Warne going bald, as well.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 12:48:48 pm »
i bought 3 bottles of vision  last week for £45.good product IMO.it costs me around a fiver a month to use it every day using 3ml-4ml per 500L of pure a day.so it should do me for 9 months now.

it leaves a better shine on glass,frames,sills and doors than pure water alone

its reduces drips from top rubbers seals than pure water alone reducing runs and spotting

for 25p a day its good stuff :)
price higher/work harder!

SeanK

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2015, 03:20:42 pm »
i bought 3 bottles of vision  last week for £45.good product IMO.it costs me around a fiver a month to use it every day using 3ml-4ml per 500L of pure a day.so it should do me for 9 months now.

its reduces drips from top rubbers seals than pure water alone reducing runs and spotting

Cheers dazmond, appreciate ur advice, iv ordered 3 bottles also 👍

So you think that will solve your spotting  at the bottom of the glass problem. ::)roll

SB Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2015, 05:51:29 pm »
Oh No! Here we go again.
Lol sorry if this topic has already been covered, I hear vision a lot but didn't know how much of a difference it actually makes 👍🆒

That would depend on how good/skilled you are to begin with. Me myself, I require no additives as I can easily achieve the desired results with just good old pure!! ;D
Well I must be rubbish! Because I keep getting water spots at the bottom of the glass!!! think il order some vision 😎
If your getting spotting at the bottom of the glass your not rinsing all the way down the glass properly mate.

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2015, 05:51:45 pm »
shane if your getting spotting at the bottom of windows try rinsing a bit more on the lower half of the pane.that should cure it.sounds to me the dirt isnt getting totally rinsed off the glass when doing your normal rinsing.

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

SeanK

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2015, 06:27:12 pm »

Cheers dazmond, appreciate ur advice, iv ordered 3 bottles also 👍

So you think that will solve your spotting  at the bottom of the glass problem. ::)roll

What do you suggest Sean? I just do nothing about it? this is a forum for window cleaning issues- iv got an issue so iv brought it up to see if any experienced window cleaner can help. Do you think your comment will solve my problem? NO! next time, don't bother

So what part of Dazmonds reply solved your problem the answer is none of it, yet you happily order 3 bottles of Vision
on the strength of it.
So you can understand why I might be slightly sceptical about your reply, but like has already been said if your getting spotting
at the bottom of the glass then your not using enough water or its not pure enough.
Also make sure its not just a problem with the glass itself.

paulben

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2015, 07:21:56 pm »
Just a thought could it be flow too hard and splashing back up from cill

SeanK

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2015, 07:40:41 pm »
Watering windowsill flower boxes can cause ingrained spotting along the bottom of the glass, just make sure that this isn't
the problem.
I have a few like this myself.