Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

Re: Whirlaway or lance
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 08:16:25 pm »
If you use a wirlaway you will still need to go across with a turbo lance after to remove the weeds,

I did 2 today both were done with my FSC then I washed down with my turbo to finish off the corners and remove the remaining weeds.

neither is quicker than the other, I find you move faster with the FSC but leave behind a lot of crap with the turbo you move slower but almost wash down as you go
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

davep

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 08:27:38 pm »
That's what I find too. I have someone else doing the jetwash now and I've said they may as well turbo the lot.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 08:37:23 pm »
 People  like to see the FSC though, they often have a lance with their little electric machine, but a big shiny FSC looks more professional. I often get people commenting about the FSC when I go quote the job, they see the pictures of it on the leaflet

davep

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 08:40:38 pm »
That Is true. Been asked a few times if the big round thing is to be used

Matt.

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 09:09:37 pm »
If you use a wirlaway you will still need to go across with a turbo lance after to remove the weeds,

I did 2 today both were done with my FSC then I washed down with my turbo to finish off the corners and remove the remaining weeds.

neither is quicker than the other, I find you move faster with the FSC but leave behind a lot of crap with the turbo you move slower but almost wash down as you go

Hello Mike,
If you didn't already have a fsc would you not bother buying one,
I recently purchased a pressure washer and have been considering buying one but a lot if people say they not really that good.

Thanks

Matt

wpclean

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 09:57:18 pm »
I find using the fsc put's a lot less strain on my arms, and back, and has been already said on block work you still have to use the lance after.    Good investment especially for large area flag cleaning.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 10:09:40 pm »
Matty,
For the cost of them I would'nt bother buying a new one, but if I found a good second hand one on ebay I would get it.

Matt.

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 10:18:35 pm »
Matty,
For the cost of them I would'nt bother buying a new one, but if I found a good second hand one on ebay I would get it.
Yes fair enough Mike, that's my thought exactly, have a little look on eBay to see what's what

Thanks

Rob@Blast off

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 10:45:12 pm »
If its quite soiled I just turbo it but if its not to bad or the risk of making more mess I'll use the fsc.
Don't buy a whirlaway go for a mosmatic.

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 07:58:45 am »
Matty,
Yes fair enough Mike, that's my thought exactly, have a little look on eBay to see what's what

Thanks
surely you are not considering cleaning 10,000 sqm without a fsc  ???

Matt.

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 08:07:05 am »
Hello outdoors, that job with the 10,000 is there wen am ready but am busy doing other stuff for the same company,  that's what I was also referring to in my question.
There is a lot of block paving to clean so if I used a fsc and then had to go back over it with a lance, I would be wasting time,
I am asking if I should buy a fsc or are they a waste of time on blocks,
Or would you go over it with fsc and then lance the weeds and put crap everywhere

I am asking not telling

Mike Halliday

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2015, 03:36:24 pm »
Matty,

Thanks

I would'nt clean that size a job even if I had a FSC. I'd leave it too the companies that are willing to tackle it

Matt Gibson

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2015, 04:08:13 pm »
You could knock 10,000 m2 out with a FSC in no time if it was just dirty. If it was bogging with weeds and stuff, then it would take longer.

Matt.

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2015, 06:22:09 pm »
Matty,

Thanks

I would'nt clean that size a job even if I had a FSC. I'd leave it too the companies that are willing to tackle it
Hello Mike, that company is me mate  ;D

No job to big or small, I am here to help.

Matt

Matt.

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 06:28:33 pm »
You could knock 10,000 m2 out with a FSC in no time if it was just dirty. If it was bogging with weeds and stuff, then it would take longer.
Hello Matt, parts of the block are really bad, it's not a case of weeds up by ur knees, but very mossy in places, hasn't been cleaned in 5 years or so,  there is a lot of blocks, combined with pathways of flags, untold amounts of kerbs and a few 2 storey building, it was just ment to be the floors but they keep coming back saying.......before you start can we add this, and this and this etc.

So I have said let's start here at this site first rather than having 5 different sites/ jobs on going at he same time.
So I have done 1 roof, and they have asked me todos other one, not to big just no water, so I ordered meself another 80m of hose, with the help of great outdoors and will run my machine from the van up and over the top onto the roof, job will only take half a day but I can then move onto next site.