Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kevin Beanz

Unger the new market leader at WFP
« on: March 24, 2015, 08:26:45 pm »
Hi,
 Having cleaned windows for a long time on small domestic ,shops & the odd pub I have & am still traditional & not WFP. Having ordered my traditional supplies from WCW instead of my local walk in supplier for a change I was taken aback by how high Tec the WFP industry has become. With my order was an  A4 brochure from Unger advertising HYDRO POWER & a smaller A2 brochure from Face lift.  I remember the time when Ionics were the market leaders selling all over the world, perhaps they still are & do or is it Unger?

P.S  I remember when Ionics first started & as well as WFP suppliers they also supplied there own brand traditional . They were called something else then, perhaps a forum member could remind me?

Kevin Beanz
windobeanz  not windybeanz

wfp master

Re: Unger the new market leader at WFP
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 08:32:06 pm »
hell no.

capn sparkle

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 08:35:18 pm »
+1

rosskesava

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 08:57:44 pm »
 ???
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

trippyboy

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 09:55:19 pm »
Unger and WFP should never be mentioned in the same sentence lol

SeanK

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 10:08:56 pm »
They started as Over The Top  Ltd.

rosskesava

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 10:29:21 pm »
I thought Ionics was at one point Elite Cleaning or something?
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

jk999

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 10:58:51 pm »
As sean said think it was ott

Pete Thompson

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 11:37:19 pm »
Unger and Waterfed Pole...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

NOPE!

Unger were very, very late to the waterfed pole party, and even now have not got their products right.  They just don't 'get' waterfed pole and everyone knows it.  They are about 8 years behind the market leaders.

Look at that silly trailer you mentioned.  Firstly its HUGE, you'd need some big powerful (and expensive) vehicle like a warrior or something to tow it.  Secondly it's a trailer, with all of the inconveniences that means (eg trouble parking, reversing, storing etc).  Why on earth would you buy that, instead of a van mount?  You wouldn't.

And then, it's not even their own product.  It is made by a company called DiBO for pressure washing, and adapted by unger for window cleaning:
http://www.dibo.com/en/pressure-washers/on-trailer-skid/high-pressure-trailer/jmb-m/jmb-m-20018-tg

And the price - it costs a cool £12,000 plus VAT according to the window clean centre!!

You could buy a lovely van with a top-notch system for that money.

But that trailer tells you all you need to know about Unger and waterfed pole.  It is absolutely a typical example of unger's efforts.  They just don't have any understanding of how real window cleaners use it in the real world.

Unger always used to be the king of squeegees and hand tools, maybe they still are.  But as far as waterfed poles go they haven't got a clue.  That is all.

rosskesava

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 12:20:37 am »
Rather like Ionics and their stupid 1 part per billion thing to get idiots to spend ridiculous sums of money all based on the advertising must be true.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 07:09:52 am »
I realise that most makers of WFP equipment have made errors - but Unger just don't seem to have researched their market with WFP.  They were relying on the good name they made for themselves with traditional W/C tools (and they did come up with some decent innovations with trad).
I seem to remember some modular pole that was way too heavy (hi flo?).  A while ago the guy at my local cleaning shop showed me some of their more recent WFP kit.  He let me go outside to extend the telescopic pole he wanted to sell me.  I thought I'd give it a chance to see if Unger had come good.  Well, it was way too heavy - and it was very flexible.  I wouldn't even have it in my kit as a backup pole between breakages.  When I looked at some of  the attachments, they seem to have over complicated things.  You don't sell me things by confusing me.

Mick Kent

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 03:58:08 pm »
I have a 65ft unger nlite hi mod carbon. Its a realy good pole and im more than happy with it.
Only downside is that its a master pole and 4 extensions instead of 1 pole but it is more than capable for the job.

Soupy

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 07:58:48 pm »
I bought an Unger hydro power resin bottle. 

It didn't even last 1 day. That's less than 500l with water going in at 10 ppm.

Absolutely useless. Best thing about it was the money back guarantee which wcw hounered without question.
A fully paid up  memeber of the blue pill community

ChumBucket

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 08:08:30 pm »
Those big, clumsy, heavy goosneck thingys they brought out a couple of years ago made me laugh. Over engineered & utter useless! I'd love to meet their R&D personnel. ;D