Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

for those that txt the night before
« on: November 27, 2014, 03:49:02 pm »
If you text the night before to say leave gates open etc, what do you do if for some reason you cant do the job the next day, im thinking in particular bad weather.

Do you re text apologising and saying when youll be there next or do you just assume they will know why u havent been and get to them asap?

Tom-01

Re: for those that txt the night before
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 03:59:38 pm »
Yes I always send a text saying we couldn't make it, just out of courtesy.

To be honest we worry too much about things like that because we are thinking 'window cleaning' all day every day, whereas the majority of customers are thinking about THEIR daily jobs and lives etc - they probably don't care one bit, but its still good customer service.

CleanClear

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 04:19:36 pm »
Yes, i send text to say "sorry i never made it today due to the weather, i'll be round tomorrow instead". Although as time goes by and your relationship with the customer grows then i find i don't need to do this, they know for whatever reason i never made it and its all open still the next day.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Soupy

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 04:52:28 pm »
Initial text reads:

Hi, we are due to clean your windows in the next few days.

Do not reply to this text message.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

PoleKing

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 07:01:37 pm »
If I've texted the night before, I always clean.
Even if it's proper bucketing down and I only do the ones I've texted.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

capn sparkle

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 07:18:24 pm »
Standard message to all custies -

Hi, Cap'n Sparkle window cleaning will be calling tomorrow to clean your windows, many thanks, Glenn.

Any I don't get to because of rain etc. (could be all or just a few) -

Sorry, It's weather for ducks not window cleaners will try again tomorrow, kind regards, Glenn.

As mentioned above, it helps if you know your custies but even a new customer will get the gist of both messages.

Glenn

S.W. Window Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 09:50:36 pm »
Im getting fed up  txting. All I seem to get is leave it to next week or nearer Christmas :(

Steve

Ian101

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 10:12:09 pm »
Im getting fed up  txting. All I seem to get is leave it to next week or nearer Christmas :(

Steve

Your reply to this (unless you have a very empty customer base and even then ....... ) should be along lines of

"sorry but working in xxxx (different part of town) next week so will see you next month"

time not spent doing the work you THOUGHT you had scheduled can be spent replacing the messers thru knocking or leafleting.

just my opinion  ;)

PoleKing

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 11:13:58 pm »

Steve

Your reply to this (unless you have a very empty customer base and even then ....... ) should be along lines of

"sorry but working in xxxx (different part of town) next week so will see you next month"

time not spent doing the work you THOUGHT you had scheduled can be spent replacing the messers thru knocking or leafleting.

just my opinion  ;)

+1 except i wouldn't reply.
Just turn up the following due date.
3 strikes and they're out
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

CleanClear

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 12:14:40 am »

Steve

Just ring them up then and say.."i can't do that, its tomorrow or next month when i'm round again". And then make your mind up what you're going to do with them based on their reply.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Caleb Morley

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 09:52:44 pm »
Unfortunately the people that mess us around we have kinda let us mess us around. I'm including myself in this. We tell the how we work, they push us to agree to their terms. We shouldn't. I've only just woken up to the fact that giving in costs me time, money and aggro. The problem is when you first start out you're so desperate for work that you take on any old rubbish. As time goes by you sack the wasters and stick to you're guns on how you work. It's amazing though that when you tell customers it's this way or no way, they normally buckle/comply. I've turned 3 problem customers round in the last month by saying I can't clean anymore unless they comply. Hodd luck mate.

crymsonpirate

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2014, 02:37:18 am »
why not text, weather permitting at beginning or end of text?

windowswashed

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2014, 05:48:55 am »
The only ones I have to text, I text as follows:

Hi, cleaning your windows tomorrow, weather permitting, will leave a bill when I've finished, regards, Wayne

That way they know if I've been or not and if I haven't, they know I will be around at the earliest opportunity as I'm true to my texts.

If anyone texts back to leave them this time because of a valid excuse; they get left until the following time. If it's a poor excuse then I give them three chances and then they're dumped and I purposely tell them why I'm dumping them in case they decide to change their ways. I won't let customers run my work routine as I don't work that way.

Soupy

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2014, 06:37:48 am »
Use Txtlocal. 3.9p per text but it looks proper and they CANT text you back.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2014, 09:22:56 am »

Steve

this has NEVER happened to me ever from sending a text to a customer the night before. ???
price higher/work harder!