Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smudger

Re: Those who are mostly domestic that registered for VAT
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2014, 11:03:01 pm »
Yes six kids sounds like he's spending to much time at home!

Then yes richy sounds a reasonable forecast - next question to ask are you going to make money from that

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

richywilts

« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2014, 11:08:04 pm »
im hoping too smudger costs are well down now

cheaper insurances
no unit
less staff
pretty much most equipment bought for foreseeable future
need a larger 45ft plus pole but can wait
not as much needed on advertising
doing th work myself so i know my standards are being met
think ive got it sussed now this window cleaning lark

prob best thing for me going jail and downsizing
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Dave Willis

« Reply #102 on: November 22, 2014, 07:08:07 am »
Which begs the question - why did you sell drugs in the first place? We all told you to downsize, get out of the chair and do some work and employ less staff - simple. To have had such a big round before you got banged up and still have the business two years later must make you one of the luckiest offenders around. If you think you can almost clean 70k worth of work on your own then 50k should be easily acheivable for yourself and yet a couple of years back you couldn't afford to pay yourself a wage.
You and one other staff member should be ideal for a comfortable life.

richywilts

« Reply #103 on: November 22, 2014, 09:32:58 am »
It wasn't the fact I didn't want to downsize two years ago I Cindy I was stuck in a long lease on unit which was killing me financially. My van fleet policy was very expensive, I was tied into phone contract with b t for 2 lines, things such as commercial waste bins, water rates were rip off cudnt get the rates down as one unit supplied all 3 so going prison got me away from all this as my parents were able to use it to negotiate to relieve me from contracts etc

Just steadily build now stay under vat for a year or two see how it goes I think, novelties worn off the window cleaning now a bit it's not my preferred job I don't mind the cleaning I enjoy that's it the stop and starting getting in and out van reeling in I don't really like but I'm gonna sacrifice this whilst the money comes in
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Bob Stones

« Reply #104 on: November 22, 2014, 01:24:10 pm »
so going prison got me away from all this as my parents were able to use it to negotiate to relieve me from contracts etc

So your parents bailed you out and are now going to give you a house  ::)roll

anyone would think they are keen for you to stand on your own two feet

richywilts

« Reply #105 on: November 22, 2014, 02:40:24 pm »
No wouldn't call it bailing out due to me being banged up on a 3 year sentence they pis a few cancellation fees to get out of contracts which prob wouldn't get if you just asked if you weren't in prison so luckily going prison cut ties to these contracts I was in, they did have to pay a bit but wasn't great deal
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

deeege

« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2014, 03:03:14 pm »
No wouldn't call it bailing out due to me being banged up on a 3 year sentence they pis a few cancellation fees to get out of contracts which prob wouldn't get if you just asked if you weren't in prison so luckily going prison cut ties to these contracts I was in, they did have to pay a bit but wasn't great deal

Have you paid them back since your release Ritchy? Probably the tight thing to do now you are kinda turning over £71k, sort of.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Johnny B

« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2014, 03:30:34 pm »
If you are projecting a turnover of 71k this year, how can you say that you will stay under the VAT threshold for a year or two?

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

richywilts

« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2014, 07:15:07 pm »
Because you can choose to stay under ye vat threshold by knocking back work and sticking with regular work that's why in interested in this topic of vat if it's beneficial going vat reg then I would but if you have to put a lot of work into it to make it work I'd rather stay below it for a year or two
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Johnny B

« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2014, 03:28:19 pm »
Fair enough Richie, I've just checked and found that the threshold is now £81000 in turnover before VAT registration is now required. My bad!

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.