Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Darran Pryce

Blood on carpet
« on: October 23, 2014, 07:09:43 am »

Turned up yesterday to remove some blood (I though some).  Nearly fell on the floor when I saw all this.... Took some doing but removed almost all of it.

Really happy custy...  Good job I don't mind the sight of blood.

Hoping Image will upload... if not its on our facebook page. 

Paul Moss

Re: Blood on carpet
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 01:38:08 pm »
Enjoy the call back in a couple of days😄

stuart_clark

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 01:46:21 pm »
Darren

trouble is, it comes back ! I've had a few over the last three months and I think everyone has come back the last one was encapped with hydrox and it still came back

Stuart

Paul Moss

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 03:56:08 pm »
Did one a few weeks ago, a real bad bleeder all over the place. No chance if getting underneath either for various reasons. Priced accordingly and glad I did as I am going back again tomorrow for the 5th time  ;D

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 06:03:20 pm »
Did you use the beast on it?  ;D Did you dry the extracted section before you left?

p.s. no protection under that chair leg, naughty naughty!   ;D

Darran Pryce

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 07:15:39 pm »
Yeah I'm aware of going back and priced it well.  Did tell the lady.  Felt like CSI... Yak.

James Jacob

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 07:37:50 am »
Why would it come back though, After its been extracted/treated?
Whats the science going on there?....

stuart_clark

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 01:23:26 pm »
James
You obviously haven't had a lot of experience with blood stains !

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 01:56:40 pm »
I turbo dry to try and reduce wick back, yes it happens but I will try to lessen it.

Shaun

Darran Pryce

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 02:07:38 pm »
I went back the following day, sprayed down MP, let it dwell, rinsed then turbo dried.  Rang custy yesterday said its fine nothing has come back.

Must admit, If I get another one that bad, I'm going to knock it back. Cleaning the machine turned my stomach.

Good experience in cleaning mass blood. 

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 03:11:23 pm »
Mass blood should not be cleaned in the first place. Certainly not with an extraction machine.

Darran Pryce

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2014, 03:31:04 pm »
Thanks for your opinion Peter.

James Jacob

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2014, 04:17:51 pm »
James
You obviously haven't had a lot of experience with blood stains !
Not much really... but the ones i have cleaned have never come back (Care homes & domestic suicide attempt) :)
Thats why i asked the question  ::)roll
So do tell whats the science behind some blood stains coming back, i would like to know for when i get one that maybe does come back  :)

stuart_clark

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2014, 04:33:52 pm »
I dont know James but it does, ask most experience carpet cleaners on here ?
If its speed dried after removal it certainly helps but no guarantee as it can take weeks to come back

stuart

David Ware

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2014, 05:56:56 pm »
Had one that came back, different colour and treated as iron.
David 

Paul Moss

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2014, 07:08:25 pm »
Mass blood should not be cleaned in the first place. Certainly not with an extraction machine.

:D

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2014, 07:24:07 pm »
So what do you suggest Peter? A straw? a pressure washer?

I can guarantee you that if the extracted blood stain is fully dry before you leaving that it wont come back even when you come back in 12 months to re-clean.

By fully dry I mean, hand tool, extra dry passes, towels, hair dryer/air mover. If it comes back once you've dried it all it usually only needs a light going over with the hand tool then dry again.

Paul Moss

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2014, 07:57:01 pm »
So what do you suggest Peter? A straw? a pressure washer?

I can guarantee you that if the extracted blood stain is fully dry before you leaving that it wont come back even when you come back in 12 months to re-clean.

By fully dry I mean, hand tool, extra dry passes, towels, hair dryer/air mover. If it comes back once you've dried it all it usually only needs a light going over with the hand tool then dry again.
;D
In second place behind Pete

John Kelly

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2014, 03:19:30 pm »
It comes back because all of it hasn't been removed and as the carpet dries the Blood or rather coloured water wicks up the fibres to the top. Blood is like paint and milk, a small amount will change the colour of a large amount of water.
So whether you are the first to touch it or the customer has tried washing it themselves what started as a small amount of blood ends up as lots of blood stained fluid. If you dry the carpet before you leave then it is unlikely wicking will occur. That's not to say that there won't be blood stained fluid left in the carpet as there more than likely will unless it is thoroughly extracted.