Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Martin Lane

Orbot SprayBorg
« on: October 23, 2014, 07:08:29 pm »
Hi all
anyone got one of these machines ?
Do they do a good job on carpets, we only do commercial looks like they are much quicker and easier then the extraction method.

Cheers

Martin

Jamie Pearson

Re: Orbot SprayBorg
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 07:11:04 pm »
Do you extract all your commercial work?

Is it mainly maintenance or one offs?

Martin Lane

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 07:17:04 pm »
bit of both, 90% of your work is window cleaning, but I have a hotel and a school that we look after the carpets, the rest is offices or hallway on blocks of flats done once a year

Martin

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 07:19:08 pm »
The machine works really well when it comes to preventative tasks.

If you only clean using extraction it would be worth getting a decent single disk rotary and trying out encapsulation cleaning first before forking out £3000+ on a machine like the Orbot.

The Orbot is an amazing bit of kit but does struggle with heavier soil. This is where bits of kit like the Cimex or rotary have the edge.

Martin Lane

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 07:31:51 pm »
Cheers thanks for your advise, we have used Prochem  Bonnet  pads before but saw the Orbot video on line  and  it looked very impressive

Cheers
Martin

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 08:30:37 pm »
Some alternative pads and encap product is definitely worth exploring first then.

dan paton

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 08:32:02 pm »

The Orbot is an amazing bit of kit but does struggle with heavier soil. This is where bits of kit like the Cimex or rotary have the edge.

Jamie am I reading this right. Your saying a rotary is better on heavier soil than the orbot? Not doubting it in any ay I just find it surprising.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 08:39:53 pm »
You can load more product into the carpet with a Cimex or spraying before a rotary.

I suppose you could pre-spray with pump up before running with the orbot.

You have to change the container bottles a lot with the orbot on heavy stuff and I find you actually use more product.