Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Crystal-clear

Those with loads of direct debits.
« on: September 24, 2014, 08:21:43 am »
I would be a bit conceded with racking up loads of debits its just which day would you put the debit to leave out the nearest day you arrive ? Or do you just use the 1st of each month? I like the first of each month but how late can you be say you are running a week late and all your customers a van can handle say 300-400 are direct debit and all paid on the first of each month how much time do you have to clean them for the clean they paid before the next debit hits your account?
How do you make it work with all those debits don't get me wrong debits is all I'm selling now just need to know the reality of what I might be getting into

Crystal-clear

Re: Those with loads of direct debits.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 08:30:02 am »
I normally place mine at the day of the clean that way its not too bad
Have some on the first too

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 08:36:26 am »
Ours are set to come out the day after the clean, cleaner planner automatically requests payment with go careless - job done, no waiting no messing around

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Rob @ Cleaner Planner

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 10:36:59 am »
Thanks Darran.

Yep semi-automatic is the only way to go I think. With the nature of the business it doesn't make sense to automatically take money on a clockwork schedule as jobs are often done late (or not done at all e.g. builders in).

In Cleaner Planner you kick off the GoCardless payments manually via the debt list but it only take 2 clicks and all the details (amount, description etc) are prefilled (you can amend them of course).

No need to worry about tallying the payments as they come in because GoCardless notifies Cleaner Planner when the payment hits your account and clears the debt automatically.

Window Lickers

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 05:12:33 pm »
I would be a bit conceded with racking up loads of debits its just which day would you put the debit to leave out the nearest day you arrive ? Or do you just use the 1st of each month? I like the first of each month but how late can you be say you are running a week late and all your customers a van can handle say 300-400 are direct debit and all paid on the first of each month how much time do you have to clean them for the clean they paid before the next debit hits your account?
How do you make it work with all those debits don't get me wrong debits is all I'm selling now just need to know the reality of what I might be getting into

I dont understand a word of that. Is jibberybolloxycrappery your first language?
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 05:34:46 pm »
Thanks for the responces ,

I also have most of them as a manual payment after clean however i feel it sounds better to sell as monthly payments say an £8 front for £4 a month 6 cleans a year
Its sounds cheap and spreads the cost for the customer too

I'm not aware of cleaner planner it merges with gocardless ?

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 09:04:15 pm »
Hello cc we use cp as do a few on this board it's software and quite frankly it's excellent I have been involved from the beginning and I obviously think it's great and was a big fan from day one BUT the biggest wow for me and I was totally not expecting it, was hod much time the integrated go careless system saved me each day not go mention all the other time saving bits and as we know time is money therefore I do find cp actually extremely cost effective and would not be without it now. The go careless manual clean is literally two clicks and the it automatically comes off your debt list when u r paid . Robs support is second to none and he can import any of your data there is a free trial if u have lots on fc then it will define save u time to use cp

Mrs smudger

Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience