Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cornwallwindows

Extra jobs.....how much to charge?
« on: August 23, 2014, 08:06:04 am »
I know this is a bit left field but someone has asked my to cut their grass regularly but no idea how much a good going rate is! It's not a massive area, would prob take about 20 mins. Anyone else do grass cutting/garden maintenance?

8weekly

Re: Extra jobs.....how much to charge?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 08:10:12 am »
Yes I've been asked. I always refused.

Mike #1

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 08:11:47 am »
£10.00 is a miniumum for grass cutting says my gardener friend

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 08:38:49 am »
have they asked you to paint their fence as well? ;D ;D ;D

depends if you want to offer this service and be an "odd job" man as well as a window cleaner.

more money in cleaning mate but if you want to do it go for it.charge what you like.it d be easier,less hassle and more profitable to just get another regular window cleaning customer though IMO.
price higher/work harder!

duncan h

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 08:42:41 am »
Do you advertise as window cleaner or DIY  :D If its using there own mower, I would guess £15. If I had to drag my own mower, then I wouldn't do it for a small job

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 09:44:22 am »
When starting out I did windows and grass cutting, basically the two didn't mix very well as grass cutting was weekly and windows 4 wky and you just couldn't be in different areas on the same day.

We use a guy here who cuts and edges the lawn, takes him just under an hour for £6.00

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

C o z y

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 02:24:00 pm »
If you're considering mowing lawns, then you haven't got enough window custies. Canvass and door knock til you have. Then you won't need to think about doing crap stuff like mowing lawns, or taking on ironing etc.

HTH
No still don't understand, I must be thick

robbo333

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 02:28:45 pm »
I've been asked to clean cars, paint the outside of houses, fix guttering, mend stuff, clean other stuff, all sorts of crap.
Unless they are going to pay me a really good hourly rate i'm not interested.
"Sorry I don't do that"
Ho Hum!
 ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

lal

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 06:56:38 pm »
Yes I've been asked. I always refused.

+1

8weekly

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 07:39:00 pm »
It's about focus. In my opinion you should be singleminded lay pursuing regular domestic windowcleaning customers. Better to spend an hour leafleting than an hour grass cutting.

ben M

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 08:04:15 pm »

Flash..

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 09:54:23 pm »
As long as they are happy to pay me a VERY high hourly rate I would say no but if they are happy to pay I would do it.

cornwallwindows

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2014, 04:47:14 pm »
Got £30 per hour. Can't really grumble about that! Variety is the spice of life or something like that.