Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shaun_Ashmore

Mobile phone divert
« on: July 24, 2014, 09:15:51 am »
I'm sure I read on here last year that mobile phone companies can lift your landline straight to a mobile is that still the case? Has anyone got it or used this and what do you think of it?

Shaun

stuart_clark

Re: Mobile phone divert
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 09:43:08 am »
Not sure about that, but Orange did promise me the earth a few years ago if I changed to them with the landline then only to find out I couldn't divert to a landline, I ended up having to take legal action against Orange

Stuart

neil 47

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 10:14:31 am »
I divert mine Shaun costs me about £12 to £18 a month but well worth it I'm with talk talk and my phone line broad band and phone bill is usually about £46.50
IICRC

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 10:38:41 am »
Apparently ee call theirs pocket land line hoops and jumping comes to mind lovely Indian call centre.

Shaun

stuart_clark

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 10:56:22 am »
I know have mine on a permanent divert and I have a package with bt business
I get a samsung S5 unlimited minutes texts and data and diverts and its £37.50 plus vat

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 08:18:27 pm »
You can divert any number to any number with this method - http://help.sky.com/talk/receiving-calls/divert-calls-to-another-phone

If you are diverting from a sky landline to a mobile with this method you will have to call them first to activate it and they charge about £2.50 a month for it. I presume you will have to do the same with other landline providers.
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

Mark_Jubb

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 10:39:07 pm »
My "office" landline is with BT and like Stuart is virtually on permanent divert to my mobile. Customers who ring it, don't know that they are being connected to the mobile as there is no message or delay at their end. I can un-divert it as and when I please, although I usually just switch the mobile to silent overnight. Customers ringing then will get my usual answerphone message.
If there isn't enough time to do the job right,  how do we find the time to go back and do it again when the customer is not happy ?   Do it right the 1st Time.
NCCA Member 1399.  Swindon, Wiltshire

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 10:55:06 pm »
I have landline, broadband and 500 mins divert to a mobile for £35 a month, which is value for money, however the tinternet is constantly going off and I am only 500yds from exchange  >:(

Bt phoned me today and mentioned they could throw in Samsung s5 mobile and free divert to a mobile, they said they would email me the details, still waiting  ???

ian harper

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 07:07:08 am »
Shaun

you could use a device thats called a Burnside it plugs into you BT socket and you put a chip into it and it diverts calls free as mobile to mobile is free. we used one for years and it saved us thousands. we now using fake BT numbers that go straight to mobile.

with all mobile you will need to keep checking coverage in your area. you be amazed at how many comments we get about carpet cleaners not picking up or be able to connect. they are unaware they missing calls. We audit our diverts and calls received each month, yet another great use of data.

Respects

Ian

mark shannon

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 06:16:19 pm »
Just get talk talk buy their 500 landline to mobile mins add on for about a fiver and divert landline to mobile simple. Line rental broadband call divert mob mins £28 p/m

Russ Chadd

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2014, 08:50:56 am »
I'm with plus net and I divert my calls to my mobile

derek west

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2014, 02:43:56 pm »
i'm with WIFENET.COM all my calls come straight through to the wife who answers them all, even when i'm in she's chief phone answererererer.  ;D

ian harper

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2014, 11:16:03 am »
with mobile you HAVE to audit you calls received we have about a 20% loss rate with ours. yes that means we dont ever get those calls, whats yours? we doing our best to plug the gaps

See You On G+

https://plus.google.com/+IanHarper/

neil 47

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2014, 12:45:40 pm »
Just get talk talk buy their 500 landline to mobile mins add on for about a fiver and divert landline to mobile simple. Line rental broadband call divert mob mins £28 p/m

Cheers mark just changed mine its unlimited now
IICRC

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2014, 02:54:02 pm »
My intention is to lift my landline number straight to my mobile so ii can take it with me where ever I live there would be no problems with exchanges etc from BT, were planning to move house and I'd need to change my number.

Shaun

brianbarber

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2014, 08:44:19 pm »
I have a Bt 0800 number, which is permanently on divert to my mobile, so no land line ever needed, and not area dependant.
Around 70/75 a quarter, depending on calls recieved

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!