Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Chris R

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Diesel heater for van mounted portable
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 10:15:52 pm »
Mike Halliday has something like, he recirculates the fresh water not being used when triggering so that the burner is always on, as it stands the burner only works when keying the trigger you get spikes of heat.

Russ had one also.

Shaun

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 10:42:41 pm »
Also with low flow like when using a single jet upholstery tool it does not activate the flow switch to fire up the burner.

Unless you are technically minded it's a lot of hassle
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 08:49:07 am »
I thought Ed Valentine  sold systems such as this in the states but unless I am mistaken and I admit to being out of touch they just did not catch on in UK. I often wondered why as I fancied one.
Think Health and Safety and price were a factor

Russ Chadd

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 11:28:48 pm »
I tried it with the little zeta hot water pressure washer, yes it works on a two jet wand but on an upholstery tool you have to wind up the pressure to activate the flow switch... As Mike said.. Hassle

But a TM and get loads of free heat

Chris R

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 07:41:40 pm »
I have the Zeta diesel hot jet washer and it works very well with the airflex storm. It's my back up system (I use a truck mount).

My van was in for a new gearbox recently and so I hired a van and used the zeta / storm for a few weeks. I was very impressed! I didn't notice any problems with heat spikes? I didn't set the zeta too high a temp. When doing upholstery I just used the Zeta like a hot tap to fill the tank on the storm. Length of solution pipe fitted with a jet on one end to keep the flow hot.

Does anyone know if the pump on the Zeta is chemical resistant? I have only used fresh water so far, pulling from an onboard water tank. But I wouldn't mind mixing a detergent into the water tank sometimes?

Cheers

Staffordshire

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 10:49:32 pm »
Did you use the zeta inside the van? Would that be 3 leads?

Shaun

Chris R

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 08:20:09 am »
Yes zeta was in the van. 2 power leads. 2 x vacs on one lead, zeta on the other. Remember i was using the zeta to pump the water to the wand, so didnt use the pump on the storm (only for upholstery). The storm was very impressive, even with 150 ft vac pipe. But it needs 2 inch pipe for best performance. Sometimes I would take the storm off the van, to the front door, but still take the hot water from the zeta mounted on the van. This just made it less hassle on some jobs, and  allowed for a shorter hose run, but still with constant hot water. Put the auto dump pipe into drain/garden and work away. A squirt of de foamer down the end of the vac pipe (at the wand end) when required.
One of the jobs I used this set up on was multi rooms in a nursing home. The storm was working on the 2nd floor, with the dirty water being emptyed via bucket down the loo, but the hot water came from the zeta, mounted in the van, on the car park 100ft away. The zeta only fires up when the wand is triggered, so I didn't need to go back to the van to keep switching it on and off!

Staffordshire

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 01:17:48 pm »
Sounds excellent any chance of a video?

Shaun

Buckland

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 06:34:52 pm »
Chris R

On the second link to the Hotbox 240 on ebay - I bought one of these from settle and spoke to the bloke about it very helpful as I needed to know if it would do what I wanted it to do - I dont remember the 240 model being on the listing I bought - mine was the 15 litres per min one at 499 and there are other small parts you will need to set it up plus you need a good techie who can mount it for you - we used Superservice near Wallingford - great bloke Bob - they got ours set up with a high pressure pump and 27 hp tm (watercooled but with a crap hx) it is awesome and solid bit of kit with copper coil - it takes a bit of getting used to as it does smoke a bit and gives a roar when it ignites but the heat is unbelievable and I am used to good heat on a TM! I wanted to drive a hot vacum spinner rx15 at 1200 or 1500 and also do carpets with the same machine at say 4 - 600psi - it does the job and provides excellent pressure and heat (well the pressure comes from a Cat pump) but you need a good sorted carpet wand the heat will find out your trigger valve for you!! When you are doing big areas - say a pub - you have loads of heat and it will cut through anything - highly recommend the product but then I had someone installing it who knew what they were doing - if I had done it DIY prob been a disaster! Dont know how it would work with an electric machine - probably need fairly high pressure to keep the heat flowing and you need to plug the burner in so its another chord/draw

dave
Buckland Carpet & Fabric Care :: 01590 688938
www.SteamCleanCarpetService.co.uk