Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gwrightson

A 1st for me
« on: July 30, 2014, 03:54:02 pm »

I have been asked to clean the carpets in a 4 bed detached house next week, not that unusual I know.

The customer is an American lady who,s husband has just started a 5 year contract over here in UK, they  have bought the house , the whole family are here for the duration, so they are moving in  shortly.

New carpets are been fitted through out  this coming Friday, strange she would require them cleaning I thought !!  after initially asking her a few details of the job in hand. How ever after posing the question" Why does she require them cleaning?  "  Her answer. " I want to be sure they are completely clean" .

Oh Well, Who am I to argue? :)

geoff 
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Deep Cleaning Solutions

Re: A 1st for me
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 05:28:40 pm »
Theirs nowt weirder than customers I have found.
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

Dennis

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 05:31:41 pm »
You must have seen carpet fitters cutting out in the road, I know I have.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 06:39:49 pm »
That's true Denis, or perhaps OCD, blue over shoes on your blue over shoes on this one.

Shaun

gwrightson

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 07:03:40 pm »

I did get the impression from her   that cleaning them may help with allergy issues, she never stated this, just a vibe she was giving out, referring to how she wants the house immaculate , etc. ......

and as she hails from USA  , she could be over the top.

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

elliott cleaning

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 08:24:31 pm »
I've had this twice in all my years in the industry. One like yourself from the US and another one from Hong Kong. Obviously clients from this country are not that neurotic.

One complained that she didn't like the smell of the new pure wool carpets - I talked her into applying protector.  Seemed to satisfy her - although I'm not a great believer in the stuff. The other I presprayed with neutral cleaner and extracted - just don't agitate the prespray - you don't want to go there with brand new carpets

Melissa Edwards

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 08:26:13 pm »
I've also had a similar situation with an American customer. They do seem way more vigilant about regular carpet and upholstery cleaning. I would imagine it's quite a bit easier to earn a very good living in this industry in the states...

elliott cleaning

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 08:27:56 pm »
I've also had a similar situation with an American customer. They do seem way more vigilant about regular carpet and upholstery cleaning. I would imagine it's quite a bit easier to earn a very good living in this industry in the states...

Can assure you - not. There is a hell of a cut price Market over there

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 08:48:24 pm »
American business is based on pile it high sell it cheap but they have the population and sales power to do this, we try it here with budget items and it just doesn't work.

Back to thread, Geoff it could be down to fluffing or felting of the fibres perhaps they don't like the airborne filaments as it may affect their breathing or just feel dusty,your truck mount should filter a good amount out, a quick brush to align the pile but I wouldn't use turbos IMO could stir it all up again.

I wonder if she would like a sanitiser on them or prefer them without?

Shaun